Edgewood Elementary School seeks a talented, experienced, and innovative educator to lead a remarkable learning community. The school spans grades K-5, and offers a rich and varied educational program to the high-achieving student population of approximately 400 students. Currently celebrating its 100th anniversary, the school community boasts an accomplished faculty and staff of 44, along with an active, supportive parent body. Edgewood Elementary School focuses on developing each learner in a highly challenging, nurturing, and intellectually and emotionally supportive environment.
The position of Edgewood Elementary Principal requires a leader with an extensive teaching and administrative background and a demonstrated record of accomplishment. The successful candidate for Principal will exhibit the following criteria:
• possess a thorough understanding of elementary education and the development of young learners;
• demonstrate intellectual breadth and resilience;
The City School District of new Rochelle seeks applications for an Assistant Director of Special Education. The Assistant Director of Special Education will be responsible for providing leadership and overseeing all components of educational programs and services for students with disabilities. Ensuring full compliance with all Federal and State laws and regulations. Chair CSE and Manifestation meetings, supervise and evaluate staff, coordinate professional development and facilitate regular department meetings, supervise a portion of the Extended School Year program, Communicate regularly with parents and SEPTA. Assist in the preparation of department documentation including budget, grants, and BOE reports. This individual will work collaboratively with Director and building administrators, faculty, staff, parents and community members to ensure the effective delivery of programs and services. This is a full-time 12-month position
Job Qualifications Include
• At least three ...
The City School District of New Rochelle seeks application for Elementary School Assistant Principal positions. General responsibilities of the position include assisting the Principal in leadership, coordination, supervision and management of the school program and operations. The Assistant Principal, under the direction of the building Principal, implements and enforces school board policies, administrative rules and regulations. In the absence of the building Principal, the Assistant Principal shall assume the duties and responsibilities of the building Principal.
Administrative/Leadership experience is required.
Essential tasks of the Assistant Principal include but are not limited to the following:
• Assist the Principal in developing and maintaining an effective educational program consistent with State and Federal guidelines and the philosophy, policies and goals of the School Board; meeting and conferring with students, parents, faculty and staff; maintaining records ...
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Dodge YMCA is seeking an experienced individual who will be responsible for the successful operation of all programs for children, teens and families. The Youth & Family Director will be responsible for the oversight of all Dodge YMCA Youth and Family Programming. This role involves managing off-site programs (Y Afterschool’s at PS 8, 11, 38 and 307), as well as providing leadership for an array of program initiatives from family gym time, enrichment programs, teen programs to summer day camp.
• Oversee all Youth, Teen and Family Programs at the ...
The Town of North Hempstead, a municipality with 222,000 residents, located on the north shore of Long Island in Nassau County, is seeking a Chief Deputy/Deputy Comptroller. The Chief Deputy/Deputy Comptroller oversees the day-to-day operations of the Comptroller’s Office, including staff management, an array of financial transactions, and long-term financial management and reporting.
Key functions include:
• Preparation and filing of the Town’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR);
• Preparation and filing of annual financial reports with the Office of the NYS Comptroller and other governmental agencies;
• Oversight of specific aspects in the budget process
• Oversight of required annual audits, including coordination of work with retained audit personnel;
• Accounting and control of the Town’s capital accounts, capital assets, and associated records;
• Oversight of cash management for the Town and 19 Town-operated special districts;
• Oversight ...