Town of North Hempstead seeks a Superintendent of Highways.
The Superintendent of Highways is responsible for maintenance and construction of Town roads. He or she is responsible for ensuring that all operations are carried out efficiently and safely. The Superintendent‘s duties include all aspects of road integrity including pot hole repair, snow removal, clean-up after major storms, maintenance of existing and placement of new traffic and parking signs, road drainage and catch basin maintenance/repair, maintenance, removal and replacement of trees and vegetation adjacent to roads. The Superintendent is also responsible for acquisition and maintenance of all equipment necessary for these duties.
The Superintendent manages a full time staff of over 100 people at five locations, including two maintenance garages, one sign shop, and an administrative office. The Superintendent fulfills a position whose duties are mandated by State and Town law such as determining whether roads ...
The membership coordinator will promote the benefits of museum membership to visitors. Daily activities include maintaining accurate member records, preparing membership mailings and providing excellent customer service to current and potential members. Additionally the membership coordinator will analyze member activity and make recommendations to increase acquisition and retention, as well as implementing marketing campaigns to grow membership sales opportunities.
This full-time position involves a Wednesday to Sunday work schedule. Ideal candidate will have two to four years of membership experience in the museum field.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Input and maintain member records in Altru Database
• Prepare membership and fulfillment mailings
• Assist in member acquisition, cultivation and retention
• Track member patterns and make recommendations to improve membership sales and program benefits
• Explore new opportunities for membership program and revenue ...
The Mayor’s Office of Management and Budget (OMB) is the City government's chief financial agency. OMB's staff of analysts and experts assembles and oversees the Mayor’s expense and capital budgets, which fund the services and activities of approximately 70 City agencies.
OMB is seeking an Associate Director / Deputy Director to lead the Administrative Agencies and Elected Officials, Administration of Justice, Fire and Sanitation, and Technology Budget Task Forces, which collectively oversee more than $30 billion in City/Federal spending authority. The Associate Director / Deputy Director will report directly to the Budget Director.
OMB’s Administration of Justice Task Force has primary oversight responsibilities for all criminal justice agencies in the City of New York. Major issues of focus include crime reduction, emergency response times, arrest processing and the impact of case processing on detention population levels. This Task Force develops, monitors and ...
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
The Commissioner of Public Works is responsible for planning, administering and directing the operation of complex and diversified public works programs, projects, and facilities; performs related duties as required.
COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES
Under administrative direction, the duties include formulating and administering departmental policy. The Commissioner also directs and coordinates the activities of subordinate administrative personnel.
1. Formulating policy, plans and procedures for all public works provisions.
2. Plans, directs and coordinates the activities of subordinate administrative and supervisory personnel.
3. Plans, directs and reviews public works projects of all divisions and departments.
4. Plans, reviews, and recommends public works construction, plans, specifications, contracts, changes, and final acceptance.
5. Directs the maintenance of records and the preparation of reports
6. Prepares and presents ...
The Freeport Public Schools is seeking a dynamic leader to serve as the Assistant Superintendent for Business and as a key member of the Executive Leadership Team for the District. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of success as a system-wide, collaborative leader, with extensive knowledge and experience in the areas of: Budgeting, Financial Management, Capital Planning, School Safety/Security, School Nutrition Program, Informational Technology, Transportation and Facilities.
The anticipated start date for the position will be on July 15, 2020 or sooner.
• Candidate must possess valid NYS SDA or SBA/SDBL certificate
• Master's degree with major concentration in school business administration required; doctorate preferred
• Minimum of five years experience as a chief or assistant school business administrator preferred
• Proven record of success in all phases of NYS school finance and business operations
• Strong ...