Town of North Hempstead seeks a Part-Time/Seasonal Positions.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Performs manual tasks and simple routine duties in the operation and maintenance of various facilities in the Department of Public Safety; performs related duties as required.
COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES
Under direct supervision, the work is routine and repetitive, requires limited use of judgment, and is checked for quality and completeness.
1. Operate and maintain the TONH Pump-Out boat.
2. Cleans, maintains and patrols recreation and parks buildings, grounds, beaches, parks, recreation facilities, parking fields, picnic areas, public property and structures, or other assigned areas. ·
3. Sells, rents, issues, collects, checks, or verifies admission tickets, parking fees,
passes and mooring rentals.
4. Maintains order, and explains and enforces applicable rules and regulations.
5. Collects monies, and counts, records, and safeguards receipts.
6. Directs vehicular ...
Responsible for supporting school groups, families and visitors as they enter and depart the LICM Theater for scheduled productions. Candidate will be one of the “faces of the theater” to visitors while acting as a problem solver. Successful candidate will organize seating in advance for school visits and guide the school groups and families to their seats during their visits. Coordination is required with Theater Manager, Reservations Manager and Visitor Experience Coordinators to facilitate activities during theater productions. They will introduce performers and facilitate after show activities with audience. The Theater Education Coordinator will assist theTheater Manager in maintaining theater audience area between shows and other production needs when shows are not in performances.
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.); preferably in Theater or related fields in customer service, experience in the performing arts and working with children ...
The Comptrollers’ Office of the Town of North Hempstead is currently seeking a Part Time Accountant/Office Assistant.
• Reconciliation of all bank accounts
• Preparation and posting of accurate journal entries for billings, cash receipts, payroll, interest, rentals, service charges, assets and liabilities and adjusting journal entries.
• Aid in full cycle Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes
• Revenue and expense account reconciliations and analysis
• Balance Sheet account analysis
• Preparing monthly journal entries
• Analyze ad-hoc reporting for Town operations and budgets
• Organize and maintain financial records
• Assist in setting up and reviewing annual budgets
• Assist Accounting Manager with other tasks as required
• Other general office duties such as ordering supplies, process incoming and outgoing mail, updating paper work and documents, updating calendar schedule
• 4+ years ...
This position will interact with children, parents and adult caregivers by facilitating fun and educational children’s birthday parties.
The Birthday Party “Host” is responsible for:
• Greeting birthday families and their guests
• Implementing party activities and demonstrations
• Encouraging children to participate
• Serving party food and cake
• Party set-up and clean-up.
The ideal candidate will have excellent “people,” communication and customer service skills, be highly active with guests, keep pace with party activities and exude the perfect balance of professionalism and fun. Compensation: $14.50 to $19 per hour (depending on party level/theme)
Work schedule: Weekends and/or Weekday nights. Parties are held Wednesdays through Fridays, from 4:30 - 7:30 pm and Weekends from 10 am – 3 pm. Individual parties are usually 1.5 hours with half hour of set-up and half hour of clean-up. Parties are scheduled on a per diem basis, according to staff ...
The Comptrollers’ Office of the Town of North Hempstead is currently seeking a Part Time Claims/Accounts Payable Auditor.
The position requires a unique candidate who has both a legal and a financial background.
• Reviewing and approving claims for payment
• Ensuring that claims include all required signatures and other supporting documentation, as necessary
• Becoming familiar with New York State Prevailing Wage Law and ensuring vendor compliance with certified payroll submittals
• Ensuring that the Town’s procurement and payment policy is complied with
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• New York State Licensed attorney with a financial background
• Experience drafting, reviewing, analyzing and executing the terms of contracts
• Experience with and Knowledge of municipal law a plus
• Financial or auditing background is a plus
• Position involves daily communication with departments and personnel ...