Seeking to obtain a position in a facility where my knowledge and experience can be utilized. Phlebotomy Certification through Priority Nursing Academy and My internship at Moses Cone Hospital in Greensboro, North Carolina has given me excellent experience in the medical field along with my incredible commitment to succeed, will serve me well in the future.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
More than eight years experience in the medical field.
Excellent communication skills.
Ability to provide nursing services such as medications and injections to patients.
Proficiency in blood collection by vein puncture and capillary technique.
WORK OF EXPERIENCE
Patient Care Technician (PCT)
02/09 - 09/09 Triad Dialysis Center /Health System management,
605 Cotton St. Winston Salem, North Carolina 27101
• Assisting with patient care with in isolations rooms standard precautions
• Record and report Condition of patient treatment vital signs - height, weight, input output.
• Collect blood specimens.
• Transferring patients to and from treatment area
• Discontinuation of Catheters and Dressing Changes maintain a sterile environment
11/08 - 02/09 Moses Cone Health Systems / Hospital
1200 N. Elm St. Greensboro, North Carolina 27401
Emergency Room - ICU- In-Patient - Out Patient- Behavioral Health
Performed a variety of routine blood drawing procedures vein punctures and skin punctures to obtain a blood sample for laboratory testing as well as collected urine drug screen specimens.
Prepared, processed, patient specimens and samples according to departmental procedures using standard techniques and equipment.
Transported specimens to the laboratory for testing.
Utilized standard procedures for patient identification. Conferred with patient to obtain information for laboratory records.
Verified patient information, carefully followed all safety procedures during phlebotomy work
11/06 - 04/09 Brookedale Senior Living
1058 Old Oak Ridge Rd. Greensboro, North Carolina 27410
• Gives direct patient care
• Verifies identity of patient receiving medication and name of drug, dosage and time of
Administration on specified forms or records.
• Presents medication to patient and observes ingestion or other application, or administers
Medication, using specified procedures.
• Takes vital signs or observes patient to detect response to specified types of medication
Group Home Aid / Technician
09/06 - 02/07 Family Affair Care, Inc.
5 Terrace Way Greensboro, North Carolina 27403
Login or Register to view the full resume.