Full-Time work in Instrumentation and Control Systems engineering.
Instrumentation and Control Systems Engineer, Carollo Engineers March 2008- Present
Recent Water/Wastewater project assignments include:
• Metro Wastewater Reclamation District, PAR 1085 South Secondary Improvements, Denver, Colorado. Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer. Responsibilities included P&ID design, SCADA design, creating control descriptions and control strategies, instrumentation specifications, fieldbus network design and fiber optic network design. Was responsible for extensive deployment of industrial fieldbus networks for the treatment plant and spearheaded the effort in replacing old I/O with modern Profibus DP/PA, DeviceNet, Ethernet and Modbus industrial communication protocols resulting in substantial reduction in overall labor and maintenance costs. Also developed associated network drawings and wiring diagrams, created detailed panel layouts and enclosure designs and formulated designs for Allen-Bradley Controllogix PLCs.
o This $334 million upgrade and expansion project included the addition of new aeration basins, new centrate and return activated sludge re-aeration (CaRRB) basins, new secondary clarifiers, new 2,000 HP blower facility, new primary effluent pump station facility, new return activated sludge (RAS)/waste activated sludge (WAS) pumping facility, and new electrical/control buildings to add about 350MGD of additional wastewater treatment capacity for the growing city of Denver, CO.
• Metro Wastewater Reclamation District, PAR 1118 South Secondary Improvements, Denver, Colorado. Electrical and instrumentation Engineer. Was responsible for upgrade of the south composting facility where a 120,000 lb capacity truck scale was added to the plant. Responsible for design, communication upgrade and construction support for the scale.
• Upper Blue Sanitation District, Farmers Korner Wastewater Treatment Plant SCADA System Upgrade, Breckenridge, Colorado. Instrumentation and Controls Engineer. The $12 million project included renovating and upgrading the control system for the entire North-East facility. The design utilized DeviceNet Motor Control Centers. Also, an upgraded Ethernet based control system was delivered to the client that was interfaced along with the existing hardwired I/O available at the plant. Was responsible for designing the P&IDs along with the required wiring diagrams for the upgrade.
• Upper Blue Sanitation District, Farmers Korner Centrifuge Replacement Project, Breckenridge, Colorado. Instrumentation and Controls Engineer. Project included the preparation of contract documents to procure a new centrifuge to replace an existing unit. Created P&IDs, fieldbus network designs, related instrumentation specifications, detailed panel/enclosure design, and Allen-Bradley Controllogix PLC design configurations.
• City of Norman, Oklahoma, Water Treatment Plant Expansion. Instrumentation and Control Systems Engineer. This project involved extensive rework of the existing electrical, instrumentation, and control system; expansion of water treatment plant; and chemical controls work for on-site sodium hypochlorite, ozone, and/or UV systems. Designed P&IDs and created specifications.
• Denver Water, Marston Water Treatment Plant Disinfection Equipment Replacement Project, Marston, Colorado. Instrumentation and Controls Engineer. The project included design of three 8,000-ppd evaporators and 12 chlorinators ranging in size from 500 to 8,000 ppd and eight chlorine injectors. Project also included integrating new equipment into existing electrical and instrumentation systems. Responsibilities included redesign of existing instrumentation equipment, updating existing client drawings to meet their standard and creating wiring diagrams for new equipment.
• South Valley Water Reclaimation District, Utah. Instrumentation and Control Systems Engineer. This project involved extensive rework of existing process and instrumentation diagrams and involved redefining the district’s standard for a P&ID according the ISA level 3 recommendations.
Control Systems and Instrumentation Engineer, Jacobs Engineering Group (NYSE: JEG) June 2007-March 2008
• British Petroleum, Integrity Management Protective Systems Project, Los Angeles, California. Instrumentation and Controls Engineer. The project included complete upgrade and revamping of BP’s Los Angeles Business Process Unit Refinery’s safety and protective systems.
• Was responsible for providing safety design upgrade recommendations for various process units ranging from fractionating columns to crude oil storage and handling areas and was directly responsible for detecting incorrect in-house calibration procedures for fractionation column level transmitters and provided recommendations for correct calibration resulting in direct cost-savings and increased plant and personnel safety.
• Responsible for managing a team of two field technicians for ensuring correct and safe calibration and installation techniques.
• During turnaround operations at the refinery, was responsible for providing recommendations for ensuring an efficient installation and calibration turnaround for analytical instruments.
• Responsible for sensor and monitor design upgrade recommendations by developing device lifecycle and creating safer calibration and installation procedures during turnaround operations for...
Login or Register to view the full resume.