Dec 2007 Pace University - Family Nurse Practitioner Pleasantville, NY
May 1998 Columbia University –Computer Technology and Applications Program New York, NY
Dec 1984 Pace University – Master of Science in Nursing Pleasantville ,NY
June 1981 Queens College—Bachelor of Arts in English Literature
Family Nurse Practitioner: New York
Registered Nurse: New York
Basic Cardiac Life Support Instructor, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
Education on the Protection of Human Subjects in Research Certification,
Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) Certificate
MOUNT SINAI MEDICAL CENTER – Recanati/Miller Transplantation Institute New York, NY
Adult Kidney/Pancreas Transplant Coordinator
August 2010 to present
Coordination of all facets of care for patients and families in all phases of kidney/pancreas transplantation including:
• evaluation of kidney and/or pancreas transplant for the adult inpatient and outpatient population by interface with referring physicians, transplant nephrologist, transplant surgeons, consultants, schedulers, insurance and social workers
• performance of clinical assessment, evaluation and follow-up of solid organ candidates and recipients in adult kidney/pancreas population, including compliance monitoring
• responsible for patient/family education in kidney/pancreas transplantation as well as management of clinical, social and financial situations involved in the complex process from kidney/pancreas candidate through kidney/pancreas recipient
• 24-hour on call responsibility for the adult kidney/pancreas transplant program including phone triage of adult kidney/pancreas service as well as coordination of all transplant surgeries.
Pediatric Clinical Transplant Coordinator
November 2002 to July 2010
Coordination of all facets of care for patients and families in all phases of liver transplantation including:
• evaluation of liver transplant for the pediatric inpatient and outpatient population by interface with referring physicians, transplant hepatologists, transplant surgeons, consultants, schedulers, insurance and social workers
• performance of clinical assessment, evaluation and follow-up of solid organ candidates and recipients in pediatric liver population, including compliance monitoring
• responsible for patient/family education in liver transplantation as well as management of clinical, social and financial situations involved in the complex process from liver candidate through liver recipient
• 24-hour on call responsibility for the adult and pediatric liver and intestinal transplant programs including phone triage of adult liver and intestinal services as well as coordination of all transplant surgeries.
Retrospective Chart Review of Medication Adherence in Pediatric Liver Transplant Recipients
• Coordination, supervision, data analysis, and participation in writing a study to assess different methods of detection of nonadherence to treatment in liver transplant recipients
November 2001 to November 2002
Coordination of research studies in the pediatric liver disease and/or transplant recipient population. Responsibilities include study enrollment, preparation and maintenance of regulatory documentation, study-related data collection, laboratory work and study enrollee follow-up, and liaison among study subjects, investigator, IRB and sponsors.
Shneider, B., et al, “A Multi-Center Group to Study Acute Liver Failure”
Emre, S., et al, “Studies of Pediatric Liver Transplant” (SPLIT)
Shemesh, E., et al, “PTSD and Nonadherence in Pediatric Transplant Patients”
Shemesh,E, Annunziato, RA, Shneider BL, Newcorn, JH, JK, Dugan CA, Gelb BD, Kerkar N, Yehuda R, Emre S. Parents and clinicians underestimate distress and depression in children who had a transplant. Pediatr Transplant. 2005 Oct; 9 (5):673-9.
Shemesh E, Shneider BL, JK, Arnott L, Gondolesi G, Krieger N, Kerkar N, Magid M, Stuber ML, Schmeidler J, Yehuda R, Emre S. Medication adherence in pediatric and adolescent liver transplant recipients. Pediatrics. 2004 Apr; 113(4):825-32.
Poster presentation at the American Transplant Congress, May, 2008 .Ronen Arnon, MD1,2, Tamir Miloh, MD1,2, , NP1, Kishore Iyer, MD1, Frederick J Suchy, MD2 and Nanda Kerkar, MD1,2. “Post Transplant Autoimmune Hepatitis in Children: Recurrent Versus De Novo.”
Poster presentation at the International Society for Anthrozoology/Human Animal Interaction conferences, Kansas City, MO, October 20-25, 2009. ,RN, MS, FNP1, Rachel Annunziato, PhD2. “The Influence of Animal-Facilitated Therapy on Adolescent Psychiatric Inpatient Group Affect”
Isil Bavunoglu, Fadil Ayan, Ilhan Karabicak, Yacoub Ledamo, Cem Sayilgan, Furuzan Numan and Feridun Sirin. Selective jejunal artery pseudoaneurysm embolization in a patient with massive gastrointestinal bleeding due to intestinal tuberculosis. Journal of Emergency Medicine, Volume 31, Issue 4, November 2006, Pages 391-394.
MEDGAR EVERS COLLEGE - City University of New York Brooklyn, NY
Professor of Nursing
January 2000 to June 2000
• Pediatric clinical instructor responsible for teaching and supervision of nursing students in the hospital arena
UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL OF BROOKLYN Brooklyn, NY
Clinical Nurse Specialist/Assistant Director of Nursing - Pediatric ICU
July 1999 to October2001
• Coordination of patient care, resource and role model for staff, consultant to all disciplines in the care of complex patients
• Development and/or revision of educational...
Login or Register to view the full resume.