• Extensive and diverse career as a registered nurse with clinical and administrative experience.
• Ability to assess, interview and make appropriate referrals.
• Skilled at delivering outstanding care with compassion.
Columbia Memorial Hospital, Hudson, NY, 2004 - present
Certified Diabetes Educator/ADA Recognized Outpatient Program Endocrinology Nurse
• Assist a physician in the care of all endocrine patients; specifically treating and educating diabetes clients.
• Educate patients and health care professionals in all aspects of diabetes and diabetes self-management techniques.
• Conduct individual and group counseling in all aspects of diabetes management.
• Administer insulin, insulin pump therapy, medications, glucose self-monitoring and analyze results.
• Develop nutritional plans; interview and motivate patients; teach all aspects of personal care habits and physical activity as well as risk-reduction and long-term care complications.
• Facilitate and integrate family involvement, social support, and psycho-social adjustment.
• Assess, interpret and manage patient therapy including insulin pump therapies and continuous glucose monitoring
• Titration of insulin therapy both in basal bolus therapy and pump therapy
School Nurse, Hunter Tannersville School District, Tannersville, NY, 1999 - 2004
Camp Nurse, ARC Harriman Camp, East Jewett, NY, Summers 2001 - 2004
Orthopedic Nurse Assistant, Columbia Orthopedic Group at Hunter Mountain, Hunter, NY, Winters 1997 - 2004
Ambulatory Nurse, Hurley Avenue Surgical Center, Kingston, NY, 1999
Emergency Department Staff Nurse, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, NY, 1990 - 1995
Occupational Health Coordinator, Pfizer Pharmaceutical, Brooklyn, NY, 1983 - 1986
Emergency Department Staff Nurse, Long Island College Hospital, NY, 1981 - 1983
Assistant Nursing Care Coordinator, Long Island College Hospital, NY, 1977 - 1981
Login or Register to view the full resume.