Result driven leader and highly capable project manager with extensive experience in infrastructure design, engineering and construction. Proven track record of leadership, client management and most importantly – delivery. Over 28 years of professional experience in delivering complex water, sanitation and transportation projects. With highly developed skills in project management and client focus I have delivered numerous projects in the US, Canada and South Asia with budgets of up to USD 120 million.
Exceptional communicator, both verbally and in writing, and adept at interacting and be effective with people of diverse background. Demonstrated ability in building, managing and motivating high performance teams to deliver projects in line with international standards and exceed expectations.
• Planning, Design and Construction of transportation and sanitation infrastructure
• Multiple project management & coordination of several teams
• High degree of active listening
• Client management
• Leadership and team building
• Technical expertise: Stormwater, Wastewater, Urban Streets & Sanitation
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL STATUS
• B.Sc. Civil Engineering (1991), University of California, Irvine
• M.S. Civil Engineering (1999), California State University, Los Angeles
• Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) – Project Management Institute, Newton, PA
• Registered Professional Engineer (PE) - Civil – California, Washington
• Member, American Water Resources Association – Washington Section
o Apr 2014 - Present: Director of Civil Infrastructure, Optima Project Management, Seattle, Washington
o Sep 2012 - Mar 2014: Engineering Manager/ City Engineer, City of Redwood City, California
o Aug 2011 - Aug 2012: Team Leader, Reconstruction of the Drainage Systems of Banda Aceh, Indonesia
o June 2009 - July 2011: MANAGER, Water & Environment/ Team Leader, SMEC International Australia
o Sep 2008 - June 2009: SR. PROJECT MANAGER, AECOM Canada Ltd. Calgary, Alberta, Canada
o Feb 2007 - Sep 2008: PRINCIPAL ENGINEER/ TEAM LEADER, SMEC International Pty. Ltd., Australia
o Nov 2003 - Feb 2007: OPERATIONS MANAGER/ SR. CIVIL ENGINEER Seattle Dept. of Transportation
o Dec 1991 - Nov 2003: Engineering Manager/ Project Manager/Project Engineer City of Los Angeles o July 1989 - Apr 1991: Engineering Intern Orange County Transit District, California
o Dec 1988 - June 1989: Engineering Intern California Department of Transportation
Apr 2014 – Present: Optima Project Management Services, Seattle, Washington
DIRECTOR, Civil Infrastructure
Lead the business development and project delivery of civil infrastructure projects for public utilities, state and local agencies and private developments. Projects include design and construction of water, wastewater, storm water, street and other public works facilities.
Project: Colluli Potash Mine, Eritrea (Oct 2017 – Present)
Sr. Civil Engineer/ Infrastructure Specialist: Member of the Independent Environmental Health, Social and Safety Consultant (IESC) team for due diligence review of the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) report and Bankable Feasibility Studies (BFS) report. The project includes the potash mine site in Danakil Depression, a desalination plant and 80 km water pipeline from Red Sea and a 60 km access road.
Project: Fremont Siphon Sewer Replacement, King County Wastewater Treatment Div, Seattle, Washington (Feb 2015 – July 2017) – Engineering support services for the construction of two 60-in dia. siphon pipes via micro-tunnelling using TBM under the Lake Washington Ship Canal. Project also includes: replacement of 108-in dia. wastewater interceptors, construction of micro-tunnel launch and retrieval shafts, inlet and outlet structures and an odour control facility. Tasks include submittal review, respond to RFI and review Change Orders and claims. Project value: $30 million.
Project: Project Management Support for King County Solid Waste, Seattle, WA (Dec 2015 – Present) – Management consultant for the PMO in charge of delivering the capital projects for solid waste facilities, such as landfill and transfer stations. Tasks include preparing Project Management Plan, Schedules, Cost Estimation, Risk Analysis and Mitigation Plan and training. Project value: $72 Million.
Sep 2012 – Mar 2014: City of Redwood City, California
ENGINEERING MANAGER/ CITY ENGINEER, Public Works Department
As head of the department, I was in charge of planning, design and construction of city infrastructures that included roadways, water and wastewater network and stormwater systems. Supervised a group of 26 professional engineers and technicians to deliver engineering projects, review tender packages and approve expenditures. Responsible for developing and implementing the $25 million Capital Improvement Program, monitor budget expenditures and contract administration. Some of the projects completed:
1. Master Plan for undergrounding of utilities on Middlefield Ave. $17 million
2. Design and construction of sewer mains rehabilitation and replacement project using pipe bursting, trenchless liner and cut and cover method for sewer pipes between 8-in to 24-in dia. : $4.5 million
3. Design and construction of water mains seismic improvement project: replacement of over 1 mile of DI water pipelines, installation of cathodic protection system - $2.6 million
4. Detail tender documents for preparing operation and maintenance plan for wastewater network: $500K
5. Preparation of Infiltration and Inflow (I&I) reduction program for the sewer system: $250K
6. Design of Bair Island Sewer Pump Station Relocation Project: $1 million
7. Rehabilitation of Sewer Pump Station No. 10 to reduce odour and noise: $600K
Feb 2013 – Feb 2014: EPTISA Servicios de Ingenieria
CONTRACTS ENGINEER, Urban Services Improvement Project, Republic of Georgia
Client: United Water Supply Company of Georgia Funding: Asian Development Bank
Assist in contract management for the construction supervision of water collection, treatment and distribution system and sewerage collection and treatment system in 5 secondary towns. Provide professional contract advice to the project team including progress monitoring and documentation, contract administration, claims management, variation order evaluation and processing. Specific tasks include:
• Contract management support to the team according to FIDIC Harmonised MDB Conditions of Contract
• Quantity survey and support to the site supervision teams
• Contract administration support to the site supervision teams and the contractors
• Review tender documents
The project includes:
• Mestia Water Supply Headworks (MES-01)
• Mestia Water and Wastewater Networks (MES-02)
• Anaklia Water and Wastewater Networks (ANA-01), Wastewater Treatment Plant
• Kutaisi Wastewater Treatment Plant
Oct 2012 – Dec 2012: Food and Agricultur...
Login or Register to view the full resume.