SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT EXECUTIVE
A solutions-focused solid waste management expert with thirty years’ experience creating programs and partnerships for community engagement. I am known for creating order out of chaos through strategic planning, goal setting, budget management, project development, and team-building.
SACRAMENTO COUNTY, WASTE MANAGEMENT & RECYCLING
Waste Management Program Manager
Strategic Planning & External Relations
• Coordinated development of long-term regional residential and commercial organic waste diversion strategies. Collaborative planning effort included participation of engineering, enforcement, air quality district, private waste hauling companies, and outreach support staff
• Increased the efficiency of programs to reduce neighborhood blight and illegal dumping through partnerships with code enforcement agencies, housing associations, business improvement districts, and waste haulers
EARTH RESOURCES TECHNOLOGY - NASA Johnson Space Center
Waste Diversion Program Manager
• Led Space Center Environmental Management Team to minimize environmental impacts and ensure compliance with Federal requirements
• Directed Environmental Department community relations efforts, including creation of promotional materials, award nominations, and event planning
• Orchestrated environmental training, developed course materials, conducted training, and edited Space Center Environmental Manual
CENTER FOR ECONOMIC AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEVELOPMENT
• Guided community development initiatives including park and cityscape stormwater improvements for safer, blight-free neighborhoods, along with rebuilding of a Federal interstate interchange utilizing construction waste material for storm water management
• Organized high-visibility and controversial community events, including environmental assessme...
Login or Register to view the full resume.