• Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA
Master of Science in Engineering May 2012
Major: Systems Engineering Major: GPA – 3.60/4.0
Minor: Dynamics & Control
• Sardar Patel University, Gujarat,India June 2006
Bachelor of Engineering, Mechanical GPA – 3.56/4.0
• Systems Engineering & Design - Hybrid Air Vehicle Design
Jan. 2012 – May 2012
Determined potential customers of a cargo transport hybrid air vehicle and identified their needs.
Implemented requirements analysis (HoQ), functional analysis (FFBD), concept evaluation (Pugh’s Matrix) and Taguchi’s DoE.
Concept selection and refinement resulted in a technically feasible design with adherence to economical requirements.
• Systems Engineering - U.S Air Force Energy Use as System of Systems (SoS)
Jan 2011 – May 2011
Analyzed the problem of reducing overall energy intensity of the Air Mobility Command (AMC) from SoS perspective.
Refined the scope of investigation with ROPE (Resources, Operations, Economics, Policy) abstraction.
Utilized U.S.A.F AMC mission data and developed Matlab program incorporating formation flying concept for cargo aircrafts.
Achieved maximum fuel saving efficiency of 2.84% equating to projected savings of approx. $116.4 million/year.
• Avionics - Guidance and Navigation of UAV - MPX5
Jan 2011 – May 2011
Designed flight control system - autopilot for a UAV- MPX5 using classical and modern control design methods.
Developed control laws for longitudinal and lateral stability based on backside-of-power-required-curve strategy.
Analyzed and simulated the desired flying qualities using Matlab’s control systems design toolbox and Simulink.
Simulation verified guidance capability by following a set of waypoints with user specified altitude and speed commands.
• Optimization - Spacecraft Formation Flying With Fuel Consumption Optimization
Aug 2011 – Dec 2011
Designed optimal trajectories of multiple small satellites to fly in formation with minimal fuel consumption.
Developed Matlab program with simulation to compare delta V values of spacecafts in various formations.
Technology Consulting Experience
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd., Mumbai, India Oct. 2006 – Sept. 2008
Systems Engineer (Product Specialist), Centre of Excellence
• Captured customer requirements and conducted system level designing of open source web portal solution
• Analysed RFQ’s, proposals and estimated project schedules as a part of pre-sales activity
• Created Proof-of-Concepts on Liferay portal and managed its functional and performance requirements
• Developed JSR 168 portlets to equip web...
Login or Register to view the full resume.