Product development Manager with track record of delivering successful high tech products to the market. Proven versatile leader experienced in building teams, developing vendors and driving complex projects to success. Experienced in managing all aspects of product development: hardware engineering, systems engineering, software development, testing and NPI. Hands on experience using product life cycle processes.
Hands on Skills: MS Project, Visio, Powerpoint, Word, Excel JMP, Matlab, Maple, LabView, AutoCAD, Solidworks, Enterprise Architect, ANSYS, PRO-E, Simulink, Control Systems, Adode Illustrator, AGILE Development, SAP
Familiar with: C#, C++, .NET, SQL Server, Resharper, Code Collaborator, Team City, Versionone, Telerik Studio, WPF, WCF, WF, UML, Altium, MEMS, BioMEMS, Expression Blend, Expression Design
Other skills: SEMI, DeviceNET, EtherCAT, ModBus, CANBus, Ethernet, PLC, FEA, CFD, User Interface development, material handling robots
Project Skills: Schedule development, budgetting, staffing, hiring, Project risk analysis, offshore software Development, contract manufacturing, vendor management, AGILE Development, Systems Engineering, PLM, Matrix management.
EXPERIENCE (In Reverse Chronological order)
Manager, Systems Engineering (Present)
* Tasked with developing a team with systems engineering capability within the engineering organization. Direct management of team of controls and software engineers.
* Developed systems requirements, functional specifications and detailed design driven by high level marketing requirements.
* Responsible for high level design of control system for complex capital equipment using industry standard systems control technology including DeviceNET, EtherCAT, ModBus and others.
* Define interaction between pieces of machine control software at the systems and sub-systems level. Developed algorithms for systems control. Led implementation of hardware and software controls in a matrix organization.
* Lead development of systems and sub-systems test plans for functional verification and reliability testing.
* Lead systems documentation effort including complete systems schematics, electrical schematics, water flow schematics, systems communication architecture drawings.
* Work with applications scientists in developing system error budgets rolling up into overall systems specifications.
* Manage software team responsible for in-situ temperature measurement system, temperature control system. Manage development of software for model based predictive control system; smart pyrometry sensors with PC based DSP algorithms.
* Communication and validation of algorithms and control schemas against use cases of customers.
* Manage field escalations related to systems and software issues on existing products.
Manager, Next Generation System Software and Controls (~1 Year)
* Tasked with development of next generation system control software platform for complex equipment from grounds up. Direct management of team with 4 software engineers, 20+ contractors and 5+consultants.
* Hired and built a team of 30+ members consisting of systems engineers, software engineers (in-house and offshore contractors), Industrial designers and specialized software consultants. Successfully implemented AGILE development as a first in the organization for a large dispersed team and acted as the product owner for the team.
* Led development of high level software architecture including data communication framework, system and sub-system state machines, data management, configuration management, execution engine, heating control system, gas flow system, fault management framework, health monitoring framework and other high level components. Led development of material handling and job scheduler.
* Managed team of systems engineers in development of controls backbone for the system using DeviceNET, ModBus and Ethernet communication protocols.
* Developed database strategy to store large volume of run time data using a team of DB architects. Developed methods for data analysis and data presentation.
* Engaged and worked hands on with graphic designers and interaction designers (UX) for defining the user interface. Developed a dedicated sub-team for implementation of highly dynamic UI using WPF technology.
* Led incorporated of best known methods and tools including design reviews, code reviews, continuous integration, unit and functional testing, SQA processes and performance profiling to ensure software quality.
* Led development of SQA processes within Agile and also as part of on system software validation.
* Delivered working system control software within in a year of project kick-off.
Program Manager, Product Development (~1 Year)
* Key responsibility for engineering development of Next Generation System.
* Closely coordinated various internal teams including marketing, applications, manufacturing and technical support in establishing the program phases, schedule and budgets.
* Managed vendor and contract manufacturer selection. Performed system breakdown and assigned responsibility of design to various groups and design partners. Developed Statement of work including scope, responsibilities, design responsibilities, detailed schedules, critical paths, milestones and escalation paths. Managed individual team schedules via team project managers to allow roll up of all schedules towards final integration and testing. Total team HC exceeded 30+ engineers separated in over 4 teams at various sites.
* Closely managed several engineering teams in developing engineering specifications, controls architecture, system and sub-system testing plans and technology risk mitigation strategies. Closely managed design of the subsystems and their integration specifications. Worked closely with manufacturers in building and testing first articles. Spearheaded teams in quickly resolving technical problems and gaps.
* Succeeded in delivering first systems within 7 months of project kick-off. Delivered redesigned production ready systems within next 6 months.
* Worked closely with applications group in qualifying systems specification, MRD specifications and NPI design gaps. Provided summary updates to upper executive management and supported several customer presentations.
* Shipped first beta to international customer within 10 months of project kickoff. Closely managed beta program resulting in customer acceptance in less than 4 months resulting in a large market share gain for Veeco.
Program Manager, Platform Engineering (~1 Year)
* Promoted to Program Manager in a newly formed Platform Engineering group that was initiated by executive management to leverage product development expertise across multiple business units.
* Engaged as technical lead in developing next generation product concepts. Worked closely with technologist and engineering teams in brainstorming product concepts and creating models for review with management and key customers.
* Engaged as program lead on improving systems performance. Worked with scientists, technologist, engineering and field operations in evaluating current know issues with product performance and ...
Login or Register to view the full resume.