Objective: To obtain a position as a Medical Assistant
• Over two years of proven professional experience as a Medical Assistant
• New York State Medical Assistant Certification
• Honor Roll in Medical Assistant Program at Sanford Brown
• Skilled in Phlebotomy, EKG, Specimen collection, Medical Terminology
2010-Present Young Adult Institute (YAI), Tarrytown, NY
Direct Support Professional: Teacher Assistant
• Work with adults with mild to profound intellectual and developmental disabilities in a classroom-like setting in a Day Services facility.
• Assist lead teacher in the implementation of structured lesson plans and behavioral goals.
• Assist in facilitating recreation trips while promoting community integration.
• Assist with daily living skills.
• Assist teacher with the facilitation of individual and group counseling.
• Provide crisis intervention when necessary.
11/2008-12/2009 Advanced Bio Behavioral Sciences, Elmsford, NY
• Prepared treatment rooms for patient examinations which consisted of keeping the rooms neat, clean and stocked with the necessary medical supplies.
• Interviewed patients to obtain medical information, vital signs, weight, and height.
• Recorded patients’ medical history, vital statistics and test results into medical records.
• Authorized drug refills an...
Login or Register to view the full resume.