SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Experienced systems engineer in design, development and integration of complex embedded systems through all phases of product life cycle.
- Develop and review system/software level requirements and interface specifications for analog and digital signals.
- Analyze original aircraft equipment to provide retrofit solutions which include equivalent functionality while also integrating modern system enhancements into the end product.
- Microsoft Office Suite, Interface Simulators (Ethernet, ARINC, Serial), Hardware Calibration Software & DOORS.
INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS & SUPPORT – Exton, Pennsylvania February 2012– Present
Lead System Engineer
- Lead system engineer for a complex data concentrator system for installation in the Pilatus PC-24 aircraft.
- Coordinated a robust modular software design approach using the VxWorks Real-Time Operating System (RTOS) in order to create a more cost-effective upgrade path by reducing the cost of follow-up certification efforts.
- Mitigated the effects of common mode failures through electrically isolated (& dissimilar) hardware channels as well as through system level redundancy.
- Responsible for performing the System Safety Assessment (SSA) using the guidelines and methods described in ARP 4761, which includes the following components: Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Common Cause Analysis and Single Event Upset Analysis.
- In charge of analyzing the results of the SSA and flowing these results back into the system level requirements in order to meet the required level of system safety.
INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS & SUPPORT – Exton, Pennsylvania Oct. 2006– February 2012
Avionics Systems Engineer
- Part of a system engineering team responsible for designing fully integrated Flat Panel Display Systems (FPDS), which includes Primary Flight Displays and Multi-Function Displays used to enhance pilot’s situational awareness.
- Engine Instrument Display System (EIDS) design experience in both gas turbine and turboprop powered aircraft.
- Part of the research and development team for the following integrated flight management devices:
• Avio Integrated Flight Management System (IFMS)
• Electronic Charts and Moving Map w/ satellite weather and flight plan overlays.
- Designed a software configurable cockpit solution for the Cessna Citation (500 and 600) product line of turbofan powered business jets.
- Responsible for designing test harnesses and equipment for System Integration Labs (SILs) as well as generating and performing the following system level test procedures:
• System Integration Testing to increase system availability
• Acceptance Test Procedures (ATPs)
• Certification Testing:
• Aircraft Ground Testing
• Aircraft Flight Testing
• Environmental Testing (RTCA/DO-160) including additional HIRF and Lightning testing to satisfy 14 CFR FAR 25.1317.
- Orchestrated root cause analysis efforts of system related issues found during aforementioned testing efforts.
- Interface with customer leads to define project scope, resolve problem reports and analyze change requests for product improvement.
- Developed System and Software Requirements Documents (SRDs) to define system functionality, electrical and mechanical design criteria as well as RTCA/DO-160 environmental conditions.
- Documented Internal Control Documents (ICDs) to define analog and digital interfaces to peripheral avionics equipment installed on aircraft as well as to define the internal Flat Panel Display System data-buses between...
Login or Register to view the full resume.