Vincent B. Ortiz
Obtain a career in a packaging environment to develop technical skills and teamwork with a passion for understanding the relationships between product, materials, and machinery.
Bachelor of Science - Packaging Science, Dec 2012
University of Florida – Gainesville,FL Minor - Food Science, Dec 2012 UF GPA: 3.67/4.0
Associate of Arts - May 2004 Santa Fe Community College – Gainesville, FL College GPA: 3.23/4.0
Vice President, Treasurer, and Member, University of Florida Packaging Science Club, June 2010- Present
Helped lead the team in projects such as research, design competitions, fundraising and t-shirt designs
Member & Team Lead, 2011 & 2012 Packaging Expo student design team, 3rd & 1st Place respectively
Campbell Soup Company, January 2012-June2012
Packaging Engineering Co-op,
Technology Development and Breakthrough Innovation, , Camden, NJ
• Gained experience working in an R&D center and manufacturing plant supporting many different packaging initiatives
• Worked with vendors and suppliers to redesign package structures and material components.
• Worked with vendors to help design Prototype heat sealing and ultrasonic sealing bars to benefit production line.
• Redesigned package from a 1 point contact to a 2 point contact on the shoulder; to better help the production and manufacturing line to avoid spillage and errors.
• Designed standard operating procedures (SOP) for experiments and plant trial runs
• Working with innovation department to create and redesign consumer packaging.
• Worked on the development of new soup packaging formats through innovative programs in food science and retail food development. FDA Environment
• Established new inspection and testing capabilities in the laboratory using equipment evaluation and vendor training
• Interaction in defining material performance while experiencing various manufacturing plants and analytical laboratory work
• Conducted dynamics (...
Login or Register to view the full resume.