Systems Engineering or Systems Integration and Test position utilizing my experience in all phases of installation, integration and testing to ensure system accuracy for on time product delivery and customer satisfaction.
Active Top Secret, SSBI, CI Polygraph (TS/SCI) – July 2008
• 28 years of professional experience in the satellite and aircraft industry involved with: ground systems verification and validation, satellite bus and payload initialization, satellite mission operations, avionics integration and test, extensive knowledge of MIL-STD-1553B, embedded software testing, flight test support, software development, formal qualification testing, software & hardware anomaly resolution, avionics laboratory operations, network design, end user data processing and analysis.
• Systems engineering: requirements development, flow-down, verification, author of technical specs and ICDs.
• Diverse customer experience: NASA, DOD, intelligence.
• A technically astute, personable, adaptive, reliable, cooperative, enthusiastic, loyal, high integrity team member.
1. Designed, developed and performed tests in response to a customer request for an early demonstration of air vehicle Terrain following system capability in the laboratory. I also compiled the finalized analysis and report of the findings. This was a major engineering department milestone activity which was completed in a very short time frame with astounding success; resulting in top monetary bonus for the corporation
2. By re-hosting test support software on an HP workstation, developed and debugged test scripts, reducing weekly engineering labor and associated costs, and enabling critical adherence to schedule.
3. Developed automated test scripts. Saved department 40 man-hours each week and decreased the cycle time to deliver each software baseline.
4. Demonstrated several new space vehicle command and control procedures required for a critical mission exercise. Completion of this program milestone resulted in increased program award fees.
Senior Systems Engineer August 2003 – Present
Boeing, Integrated Defense Systems, Seal Beach, CA
Developed, debugged and performed test procedures during verification and validation debug and formal run-for-record activities. Manned satellite mission operations positions (mission planner, space vehicle controller/engineer) during customer witnessed tests and real-time mission training activities. Analyzed satellite command history, telemetry files, and mission control system log files. Investigated system and network abnormalities and wrote and tracked discrepancy reports. Reviewed satellite requirements and associated mission operations products prior to delivery. Developed formal test report for each baseline. Represented organization during critical mission operation exercises. Developed SQL and TCL scripts required to support testing. Participated in Peer Reviews and resolved action items with both internal and external customers. Certified operator and experienced tester for multiple positions on a large complex integrated ground system.
Senior Engineer (Promotion)
August 1997 – August 2003
Boeing, Space and Communications, Huntington Beach, CA
Developed requirements, test plans and verification strategies for the International Space Station (ISS) Truss Segment flight software applications. Prepared Software Test Description document for formal qualification testing of International Space Station Flight Software mission critical applications. Developed test scripts, in Test Case Language (TCL) and C code, and executed them on a Honeywell Multiplexer/Demultiplexer Application Embedded Test Environment (MATE). Analyzed MIL-STD-1553B MUX data to and prepared software problem reports. Developed and conducted a stress test for International Space Station Onboard processors. Provided training for Space Center operations and maintenance engineers and test engineers.
Engineering Specialist October 1984 – July 1997
Northrop Grumman, B-2 Division, Pico Rivera, CA
Developed required mission plans, test procedures, test scripts and test reports in support of B-2 bomber avionics and flight ...
Login or Register to view the full resume.