• Career communications and information systems professional with extensive experience in all aspects of network and computer systems administration, network operations and management; systems engineering; systems analysis and design; program management; test and evaluation; technical documentation; production and maintenance management; logistics management; training and employee development; and budget development and execution
• Primary expertise includes maintenance and operation of Radio Frequency (RF) microwave line of site and tropospheric scatter systems in a fixed and tactical environment
• Satellite Communications experience includes multiple positions with Heavy and Medium fixed ground stations, transportable and tactical systems and VSAT flyaway systems working in the C, X, Ka and Ku bands
• Multiple positions working with multiplex systems from frequency division to fiber optic
• Proficient with all windows operating systems and office productivity software to include SQL database functions and reporting services
• Working knowledge with software testing of C and C# Languages in Microsoft Visual Studio environment
• Experience with ISO 9000 standards, configuration management and current quality systems
• Six Sigma Fundamentals Certification
• Previously held Top Secret Security Clearance, expired 2010
MOUNTAIN SECURE SYSTEMS 2010 – Feb 2013
Wireless Systems Engineer, Melbourne, Florida
• Lead hardware engineer for complete line of outdoor wireless networking products. Managed all aspects of product design, engineering changes, integration and testing from product realization to market deployment.
• Provided pre and post sales engineering support to customers for outdoor wireless networking equipment. Conducted site survey and pre installation engineering, developed and provided radio link path analysis and frequency interference resolution. Developed special purpose configuration scripts to leverage basic to advance bridge and routing networking functions to include support for virtual local area networks (vLAN).
• Provided hardware analysis for IP camera solutions for customer to interface with outdoor networking equipment. Performed hardware analysis and network capacity planning to maximize available wireless bandwidth transporting IP video and data streams.
• Team member to develop automated control panel and data collection system for clean flywheel technology. Replaced legacy data terminal and data collection module with panel PC. All data collection and system parameter changes were converted to a SQL database and .Net customer interface.
HONEYWELL TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS 2008 – 2010
Associate Engineer, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
• Coordinated and integrated all project aspects to assure technical performance of four diverse communications systems comprising intrusion detection, access control and video monitoring systems leveraging analytical video measuring. Established contract aspects to developed complete inventory of all installed CCTV hardware and data network support equipment, repaired all identified contract assets and immediately began modernization and upgrade projects.
• Lead sustaining engineer for Virtual Perimeter Monitoring System (VPMS) project covering entire exterior fence line. Maintained all systems comprising Virtual Perimeter Monitoring System to include outdoor IP camera systems, wireless radio network infrastructure, fiber optic connections and IP sensor systems. Administered and maintained VPMS workstations and servers supporting wireless intrusion detections software and server based analytic software. Performed preventive and emergency database records management utilizing Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio. Utilized video analytic software to create, identify and provide security response to identified threats.
• Provided administration and operational support for Guantanamo Bay Naval Station Emergency Operation Center (EOC). Maintained secure video teleconference suite of equipment and network infrastructure for on demand data needs of EOC personnel. Served as a member of the EOC team and on-call 24/7 as needed.
• Developed, performed and provided analysis of operational testing in austere environment. Ensured system performance system exceeded established contract performance measures
Operations Supervisor, Kennedy Space Center, Florida 2008 – 2010
• Directly supervised 10 person communication crews on multi-shift operation for 24 hours per day telemetry and tracking communications station. Developed mission support plans to support over 1200 space shuttle and satellite launch, orbital, landing and post landing communications and operations. Coordinated operations with external centers in accordance with NASA and location station directives. Provided direction and quality assurance on missions systems configuration of six communications work sections on mission equipment configuration, operation and problem resolution. Directly addressed union and workforce issues as required. Evaluated employee performance and prepared performance appraisals. Assessed training needs of staff and arranged for or provided appropriate instruction.
• Developed and documented station operational metrics utilizing Microsoft Office Suite to include excel and pivot tables. All mission support metrics exceeded contract specifications yielding full contract performance monetary awards until completion of program. Utilized MAXIMO and other relational database systems to develop and manage 987 preventive maintenance and creation/documentation of over 1200 corrective maintenance actions. Reduced documentation errors to less than one percent and increased preventive maintenance completion actions to over 98 percent. Prioritized all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities to optimize system use.
• Directed systems configuration changes and provided technical hands-on assistance with software installations, hardware configurations and communication networking. Provide instructions to customers on accessing data, processing, space utilization efficiencies and program recovery techniques.
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE, multiple worldwide locations
First Sergeant Served 3 years
• Advised the unit commander on a wide range of topics including the health, esprit de corps, discipline, mentoring, well-being, career progression, professional development, and recognition of all assigned enlisted members. Assisted the commander in preparation and execution of unit training and information programs. Represented the commander at base meetings and councils, and when conducting tours through unit areas. Coordinated the resolution of complex problems with the supervisor, member, commander, and appropriate support agencies. Ensured training is provided on matters of leadership, customs and courtesies, dress and personal appearance, self-discipline, adherence to standards, drill and ceremony, safety, hygiene, and sanitation. Supported and promoted profession military education activities. Corrected conduct prejudicial to good order and discipline.
Wideband, Satellite and Teleme...
Login or Register to view the full resume.