DANIEL J. WATERS
Valrico, FL 33594-4342
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Construction and Preconstruction Management: estimating; marketing services; project management; specification analysis; bid preparation; job cost analysis; contract negotiation. Achieved a 30 percent bid success rate exceeding the industry norm of 14-20 percent.
*Hard-bid Estimating *Conceptual Budgeting *Sub & Vendor Selection *Quantity Surveying*Project & Contract Management *Post Construction Analysis *Document Review & Analysis*Value Engineering *Conceptual Scheduling *RFI Preparation *Post Bid Cost Analysis
*Claims Review & Analysis *Certified General Contractor *Master of Building Construction (MBC) PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Daniel J. Waters, Building Construction Estimating Services – Tampa, FL 1/2010 - Present
Contract Estimator for Amore Construction Company 1/2010 – Present
* Estimating hard-bid building projects, with size $500k to $4.5m; Conceptually budgeting pre-design building projects, with project size of $1m to $6m.
Interim Field Operations Manager for Specialized Property Services, Inc. 6/2010 – 10/2010
* Estimating, Project Management: painting, waterproofing of commercial, military installation, residential projects; with scope size of $10k to $250k
Amore Construction Company, General Contractor – Tampa, FL 1995 – 12/2009
* Managed 12 projects valued at $18.25M; project size $500K to $6M; constructed all projects on schedule, with each project exceeding profit projection by an average of $60K; all projects managed without contract disputes or litigation
* Estimated 65 hard-bid projects from 2007– 2009 valued at $112M; project size $250K to $12M; 29 projects awarded, valued at $24.6M, bid in a range of 10 to 30 competitors per project; prior to 2007, achieved a 30 percent success rate exceeding the industry norm of 14-20 percent, by estimating an average of 36 projects, size $2M to $6M per year
* Conceptually budgeted 23 pre-design building projects from 2007– 2009 valued at $35.5M; project size $126K to $3M; prior to 2007, conceptually budgeted an average of 10 pre-design building projects per year for owners and architects
* Created and maintained bid-source data base from recent bids and survey of members of Associated Builders and Contractors Inc.; data base comprised of 2,460 contractors and vendors within Florida, a total of 4,680 in six states
* Developed specific project specifications, from AIA 2000 Master, for St. Andrews United Methodist Church, a $1.7M, 20k/sqft design-build office/classroom building and site
* Managed Accounting for 5 projects valued at $6.75M; project size $300K to $4.3M;
converted a manual accounting system to GEAC Concord Accounting Software increasing efficiency in financial reporting and auditing
Accurate Project Valuation using the Highest Ethical Standards
Daniel J. Waters page 2
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Daniel J. Waters, Building Construction Management & Estimating Services – Tampa, FL
Contract Project Manager - Home Depot USA, Inc.
* Managed 8 expansion/remodel projects, all open-store size 130k/sqft; management, scheduling of construction, fixture and merchandise resets, communication systems; coordinated in-store sales projections of $1m per week; with project size $2m to $5m
Contract Estimator for General Contractors
* Estimating of public works projects, public school projects, with project size $4m to $9m
Login or Register to view the full resume.