Summary of Qualifications
Project Construction Manager with extensive experience in residential, commercial, and heavy highway construction. Environmental Project Manager with experience in inspecting, sampling, and assessing site environmental conditions. Experience with estimating budgets and managing projects to come in within budget estimates. Excellent oral and communication skills to work well with co-workers and clients. Construction management education, work experience, and environmental expertise in facility project construction management.
Environmental Specialist III, Sarasota County, Sarasota, FL 2012
• Reviewed building renovation permit applications and conducted field inspections.
• Worked with the Sarasota County building plans and codes department in conjunction with the building plan reviews.
Project Manager, Terracon, Tampa, FL 2011 - 2012
• Project Manager for numerous environmental site assessments in West Central and Southwest Florida on properties which included undeveloped land, agricultural properties, commercial properties, multi-family properties, and restaurants.
• Project Manager for conducting asbestos surveys which included bulk sampling of suspect asbestos containing materials for lab analysis and report preparation.
Project Consultant, (Part-time Consultant) SAS Environmental, Lincoln, NE 1992 – 2011
• Provided Environmental consultation to the Public and Private sector.
• Performed building inspections and sampled buildings for asbestos and other hazardous materials. Prepared NESHAPS documentation for County and State regulatory agencies. Prepared plans and specifications for bid proposals.
• Planned, organized, and directed abatement of hazardous materials. Inspected projects to ensure proper removal and adherence to regulations set forth by the EPA. Generated reports filed with the state compliance department.
Registered Real Estate Appraiser, Great Plains Appraisal Co., Lincoln, NE 2006 - 2007
• Performed inspections of commercial land and buildings, reviewed building plans, and collected comparable market data to analyze and establish an estimate of value in the form of a real estate appraisal on commercial property in the Eastern Nebraska area.
Registered Real Estate Appraiser, Appraisal Co., Lincoln, NE 2004 - 2006
• Performed inspections of residential land and houses, reviewed building plans, and collected comparable market data to analyze and establish an estimate of value in the form of a real estate appraisal on residential property in the Eastern Nebraska area.
Assistant Project Manager, Dobson Brothers Construction, Lincoln, NE 2005
• Worked for the Lincoln’s largest heavy highway contractor involved with all aspects of converting existing 2-lane I-80 Highway into 3 lanes. Assisted in the coordination of highway construction project activities of $28.5 million dollar, multi-phase/year, 4-mile I-80 lane extension.
• Interpreted project plans, coordinated subcontractors, conducted meetings, monitored project activities and reported construction progress to the Project Manager.
Bachelor of Science, Construction Management, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska
• Certified Asbestos Inspector/Management Planner
• Computer skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook
Other Past Employment History
Lincoln Public Schools Environmental Specialist Lincoln, NE 1989-2004
Nebraska Military Department Civil Engineer Technician Lincoln, NE 1988-1989
Sergeant -Nebraska Army National Guard; 10 years- Honorable Discharge
Login or Register to view the full resume.