Sr Systems/Network Engineer & Project Manager
- System/Net Design/Develop
- R&D/Business Develop
- Project Management
Highly accomplished, solutions-oriented leader and systems analyst with extensive success of directing multiple concurrent initiatives to ensure consistent and high quality work product meeting enterprise objectives. Leverage technical and proven best practices to align efforts to business objectives, utilizing industry proven engineering process and transformation techniques. Adept at business and systems analysis activities, including design, modeling, and testing; flawlessly integrate and implement projects that positively impact large system deployment and operations. Core Competencies include:
- Systems Engineering & Requirements Development
- QA Disciplines, & Change Management
- Project/Software Development Life Cycle (PDLC/SDLC/PLCM/ Clarity PPM)
- Proposal & New Business Development
- Applied analytical skills for complex problems
- Systems Integration Test & Deployment
- Service Delivery Solutions
- Project Planning, Scope, Schedule & Cost ManagementSystems
- Engineering & Requirements Development
- Process Evaluation, Gap
- Analysis & Improvement
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Team building & Development
- System, Network & Security Architecture
Status: U.S. CITIZEN WITH SECRET CLEARANCE
Skills and Compentencies:
Languages: Java, C/C++, .NET, VB, Fortran
Tools: IBM Rational products for CM an version control, document management, SharePoint, CA Clarity, Opnet, Netwars, Mathlab
Physical layer & RF: RF link budget analysis (Eb/No and BER), coding gain, power control, rake/kalman filter,compression, various MOD/DMOD, A/D, D/A, PLL, VCO, availability and reliability analysis.
Networking: Wireshark, InfoVista, NetQoS, HPNA, and NetScout Ngenius; MANET, RIP, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, EIGRP
Comcast Corp- Philadelphia, PA— Senior Sys Eng Analyst/Project Manager, February 2012 to Present
Consultant to Comcast Corp’s Business Services division, following PLCM process for managing static IP automation project to ensure Workbench (order management tool) developed SW and IPControl (IP address database) requirements (managed in DOORS, Clarity, SharePoint Portal and Quality Center) are validated in select markets after completing SI&T and business readiness/acceptance tests. Defect identification, root cause analysis of failure logs and coordination of feature enablement with test markets, CM, Sales and Care organizations in various regions and markets to ensure national deployment readiness criteria’s are met. Also as a senior analyst working with John Jason Brzozowski, Comcast Cable IPv6 Chief Architect on IPv6 requirements, trial test plans, deployment and IPv6 migration plan (dual stack, dual stack-lite and IPv6 only) as a phased transition to an all IPv6 in the long term.
- More than 90,000 cable subscriber New/MACD orders requesting static IP processed via automated tool which is expected to result in several $100K of savings per year in reduced Sales and Customer Care staff costs
- Improved utilization and reclamation of scarce IPv4 public address for improved Billing and CPE configuration processes in a unified service delivery management system.
Wells Fargo Technology, Chandler, AZ — Sr. Network Engineer Consultant, August-December 2011
Provided network architecture performance/capacity planning consulting to Wells Fargo Technology division as part of their acquisition/merger/integration with Wachovia. Review and evaluation of strategic plan for their consolidated global enterprise network, consistent with their highly available network requirements while recommending performance and cost optimized resolution for reported trouble tickets and long term strategy consistent with their global unified infrastructure plan.
- Processed more than 50 service requests and analyzed anomalies ranging from lack of sufficient capacity,less than nominal performance and recommending mitigation including bandwidth increase, site to data center bulk transfer reconfiguration/upgrade, application execution schedule change from production to non-production hours utilizing O&M tools including InfoVista, NetQoS, HPNA, and NetScout NGenius.Consolidation resulting in BW savings, improved performance and less need for duplicate infrastructure and tools/appliances
Trucom LLC, Gilbert, AZ — Sr. Network Analyst Consultant, December 2011-January 2012
- Network failure analysis and resolution of provider’s legacy voice switch working with field engineer on test and validation of hardware and firmware anomalies to ensure vendor recommended configuration settings were followed. Node reconfiguration and firmware upgrade to support failover and configuration management process including maintaining last working configuration as fallback.
- Intellectual property technical documentation and prior art search for patent filling of an innovative managed failover approach that allows for wired and wireless connectivity failover without the expensive high availability appliances in a cost and operationally constraint business cases.
Comparison and license restriction analysis associated with the proposed scheme vs. HSRP (Hot Standby Router protocol), VRRP (Virtual Redundancy Router Protocol), and GLBP (Gateway Load Balancing Protocol).
Extending end-of-life on legacy by maximizing return on investment
Simple failover scheme provides users a less costly alternative to more expensive options.
General Dynamics C4S, Scottsdale, AZ — Member of Technical Staff Systems Engineer, 2000- 2011
Systems/network engineer working multitude of DoD projects in all phases of project life cycle from system architecture analysis/trade, requirement management, design development, test and deployment using industry proven SW development and CM processes for efficient and one time and within budget delivery of work product.
As a system engineer performed physical layer link budeget anlysis for Mobile User Objective System (MUOS), a UHF geo-satellite system to ensure RF requirements SNR(Eb/No) and BER met requirements and sufficient margins were allocated in order to meet overall system availability and reliability requirements.
- MUOS TCP/IP v4/v6 architect; a large scale, global distributed secure satellite based wireless network for warfighter with highly stringent performance and QoS requirement, given GEO satellite up and downlink paths consuming a large portion of the end-to-end latency budget, forcing terrestrial subsystem a small latency margin. Led QoS architecture design and presented during PDR.
- Led a team to develop test, execution and report generation for the WCDMA Radio Access Network (Sony- Ericsson RBS/RNC with customized HSS) Information Assurance (IA) requirements using NESSUS, RETINA, and SECScans. It involved network, database and web requirements flow down and scanning the network at each build assessing vulnerabilities...
Login or Register to view the full resume.