Product Testing & Design
Over 6 years’ experience testing product reliability and design for solar industries and organizations. Highly self-motivated, energetic, persuasive and articulate, results driven and detail oriented. Experienced in test engineering, technical sales, troubleshooting, design evaluation, and supplier quality and product reliability management.
Demonstrated success record in:
Advanced knowledge and expertise in various Failure Analysis methods such as NDEs (Ultrasonic Thermography, Surface Acoustic Waves, Laser based ultra sound) and DE techniques
IEC accredited tester and administrator for IEC 61646/61215/61703
Reliability Monitoring& management of product lines.
FMEA for product process and components.
FRACAS for failure analysis and causes
HALT HASS/HESS/HEST for designing and identifying problems and inherent weakness in design and manufacturing processes they can be fixed
DFR/DFM for new component and assemblies in manufacturing
RCA root cause analysis for warranty and field return problems
DOE using statistical methodology to determine response and effects of experimental factors
Reliability Growth Prediction Modeling reliability growth based on warranty and life tests
Experienced with both field (real world) and software simulated reliability and quality testing.
Designing and replicating Test To Failure (TTF) programs.
Proven record and success in on time metrics and performance reporting and management, reporting, and project management for reliability from component testing to large-scale Utility size Power generation systems (over 60mW).
• Microsoft Access, SQL, SAS Enterprise, Minitab, Microsoft Excel and Word, PowerPoint, PSPICE, C++, Assembly Language, SPSS, JMP SAS, PVWatts, PVSyst, Solar Advisor Model (SAM), Solar Design Studio, PV, AutoCad Electrical, Reliasoft (ALTA &Weibull ++7)
HIGHLIGHTED CAREER ACHIEVEMENTS
• Bill Of Materials (BOM) savings–Evaluation of second source suppliers and recommendation of most cost effective and best quality guaranteed suppliers to reduce product BOM cost on an annual basis, responsible for reliability evaluation and management of over $30 million in annual BOM savings.
• Product Lifetime Evaluation and Prediction- Developed models to predict lifetime expectancy of components used in PV module packaging and design using Arrhenius equations and plots and other advanced lifetime prediction techniques. Combining empirically derived data from real world exposure and combining with accelerated life tests to accomplish a more accurate prediction of end of service life for components and systems.
• Field Systems Evaluation–Lead technical team to evaluate Power Loss and energy yield reduction for Utility size power generation stations of over 60mW to mitigate product and system warranty claims.
Manitowoc Co. Manitowoc WI Jul 2012 – Present
Senior Reliability Staff Engineer
• Responsible for overall reliability new product introduction (NPI) and design improvement. Reliability lead for verification, design validation, FRACAS, RCA, customer/field testing, regulatory/agency reviews and approvals.
• Responsible for reliability cost benefit analysis for new reliability equipment/test procurement using analysis such as capability-expertise, capacity-throughput, staff-resources, availability-lead time.
• Performing and reporting competitive analysis and benchmarking products against competitors
• Scheduling of regulatory reviews and approvals and performance test reporting to ASTM, ANSI, UL, CSA, TUV standards.
• DFMEA/PFMEA for new product and current product improvement initiatives. Lead team in determining potential failure modes, severity and assign RPN scores
• Design and develop initial and qualification test plans. Document and report range of specific tests and protocols that product must meet and exceed before commercial release. Test requirements, reference documentation, scheduling, monitoring and reporting
• Performing scheduling and reporting field and life testing such as IP, Vibration, Temp and Humidity, Temp cycling, Full power cycling, EMC (Anechoic chamber), baselining, Over and under voltage testing
• Responsible for current reliability issues problem solving using 8D technique.
• Responsible for performing reliability screening tests such as HALT, HASS, HESS, HEST, and ALT test. Determining and analyzing acceleration factors using linear, exponential, power or logarithmic models
• EMC/EMI design compliance/testing and analysis for control boards and Electronic component
• Reliability growth modeling using Weibull, MTBF, MTTF, AF, cumulative failure rate, and instantaneous failure rates from gathered field and warranty data to determine projected growth for reliability liability
First Solar Inc. Perrysburg, OH 2008 – 2012
• Responsible for supplier material and change qualification
• Conducted reliability investigation tests for solar module conformity and safety
• Helped developed in-house IEC 61730/61215/61730/61646 and UL 1703/2703/1741 related tests to assure module quality and safety
• Collaborated with development and failure analysis group to troubleshoot module root cause failures
• Lead tactical team to investigate root cause of field failures and issues for PV power generation stations of 2Mega Watts to 60Mwatts while adhering to NEC (690) guidelines for inverters and distributive generation systems
• Improved test efficiency and on-time reporting by 10 % through introduction and implementation of TOC practices and advanced testing techniques
• Expert in non-destructive failure analysis using ultrasonic/Electro luminosity (low current)/Infra-red thermal and light techniques
• Development of HALT &HASS programs for PV modules and components.
• Performed Test to Failure (TTF) analysis using Weibull and advanced reliabil...
Login or Register to view the full resume.