Rutgers University, B.S. Piscataway, NJ September 2009-May 2013
Major: Chemical Engineering
Demonstrated professional performance in various roles. Have experience in new product development as well as maintenance of commercial products, ensuring that shelf presence is maintained. Am a team player, experienced in dealing with cross functional teams on CIP projects involving the creation of Change Controls and Specifications. Also have experience in scale up of products (surfactant and emulsion systems) and revising manufacturing batch cards. Am detail oriented, committed to meeting deadlines and keeping projects moving forward.
Johnson and Johnson Skillman, NJ December 2013-Present
Endeavor Consulting Company, SMP (Support to Marketed Products) Scientist
Description: Provided support for $20+ million CIP projects which involved the exit of a packaging supplier with over 200 product SKUs and 80 formulas in their portfolio at various internal and external manufacturing sites throughout the US and Canada. Currently am tasked with writing over 50 Global Change Control Documents in order to document the change per FDA and internal regulations. The success of the project comes with meeting crucial deadlines in order to transition the products before the contract expires. This is done through the utmost collaboration of the technical and business community using clear and concise communication.
• Responsible for representing SMP on cross-functional and technical teams interacting with Packaging Engineering, Procurement, Supply Chain, Microbiology, Analytical, Quality Assurance, Master Black Belt, and TPM leads.
• Handling of confidential information; formulations, product data, and manufacturing processes
• Technical Writing of Development Plans, Change Controls, Technical Justifications and Specification Creation
• Use of Six Sigma Principles to increase efficiency of the process; DMAIC, FMEA.
• Evaluated alternative methods for qualifying new suppliers in order to reduce the project time and increase the overall savings
• Initiating workflows between various teams on multiple documents.
• Use of Johnson and Johnson Systems and Databases: Fusion, Connect, Optiva, GSS, ETQ, Sharepoint
• Global exposure within Johnson and Johnson; working with employees from various international sites.
Colgate-Palmolive Piscataway, NJ June 2013-December 2013
Laboratory Technician, Sanex
Description: Worked as part of a team that updated product specifications as part of the acquisition of Sanex brand from Unilever. This was done at the same time as improving raw materials and changing the bottle supplier. Was tasked with compounding new formulas and existing formulas in the lab as well as scale up to the pilot plant. During this time worked with mainly surfactant and emulsion systems.
• Responsible for compounding various formulations for commercial products and new product development
• Scale up of shower gels from lab bench to GMP batches and then to pilot plant scale
• Followed and practiced cGMP standards; data entry into Electronic Notebook
• Performed various physical and chemical tests to ensure they met Colgate Palmolive standards
Co-Op, Global Flavor Department August 2011-May 2013
Description: While attending Rutgers, was employed by Colgate and worked between 20 and 25 hours per week. During this time was responsible for compou...
Login or Register to view the full resume.