Senior level engineer with over twenty years of combined experience in the disciplines of systems engineering; system-of-systems design integration; project management; mechanical engineering; and as a technical liaison.
– Master of Science in Systems Engineering – Southern Methodist University (2008)
– Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering – New Mexico State University (1991)
– Fundamentals of Engineering Exam – Engineer-In-Training/EIT (1991)
– SSBI with polygraph (DoD Secret, TS/SCI, SAP/SAR)
Systems Engineer (2014 - Present): Aeronautics - Fort Worth, TX
Systems Engineer (2012 - 2014): Information Systems & Global Solutions (IS&GS) - Denver, CO
Systems Engineer (2008 - 2012): IS&GS - Goodyear, AZ
Systems Engineer (2004 - 2008): Aeronautics - Palmdale, CA
– Assigned as Risk and Opportunity Manager on multiple programs. Defined, managed, and ensured integrity of overall process. Orchestrated successful program campaign to generate more opportunities yielding significant improvements in terms of cost, schedule and performance that was positively recognized in customer award fee assessment and recognized as company “Best Practice.” Presented risk status to customer at major design review milestones. Authored risk management Standard Operating Procedure (SOP). Assisted personnel with training, process familiarity and preparations for board reviews. Prepared and delivered monthly risk and opportunity status deliverables to customer. Prepared Net Factored Risks and Opportunity (NFRO) metrics and Cost of Realized Risk estimates. Coordinated risk process with customer. Overall efforts resulted in receiving a Program Assessment Review “Observed Area of Excellence” rating for risk and opportunity management.
– Systems engineering Control Account Manager (CAM). Responsibilities include managing budget, schedule and resources for systems engineering tasks utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM); directing and assigning work to program systems engineering team; reporting status; tracking and writing variances; generating estimates-to-complete; planning resources and schedules via “rolling wave;” and interfacing with program, functional, and technical management. Successfully completed “CAM 101” training.
– Generated system security documentation in support of accreditation of delivered systems which included System Security Plans, Continuous Monitoring Plans, Risk Management Matrices, and Security Requirements Traceability Matrices. Successfully achieved government security accreditation of three similar systems at three different sites with different security accreditation officials.
– Assigned as lead systems engineer for F-117 program retirement proposal with responsibilities for planning and bidding disposition activities for all program assets to include aircraft, materiel, facilities, data, and documentation. Worked directly with customer in writing and negotiating Statement of Work (SOW) and cost Basis of Estimates (BOEs).
– Coordinated external program dependencies with customer and other associate contractors. Tasks included documenting and maintaining dependency requirements; coordinating dependency requirements internally and externally; leading weekly teleconferences; and coordinating acceptance criteria internally and with customer. Results and status formally presented to customer at major design review milestones. Coordinated related tasks internally to ensure capture in program master schedule. Efforts recognized by customer with positive remark in contract award fee assessment and by being requested to take over same responsibilities on separate program.
– Proposal experience includes Authoring Technical Volume for follow-on contract proposal, authoring cost BOEs for multiple proposals, and leading systems engineering team in writing multiple subcontractor SOWs for sustainment contract renewal proposal. Also developed improved process that increased efficiencies for SOW development and approval. Process was implemented program-wide resulting in significant reductions in overall SOW generation timelines.
– Assigned as project engineer for major block upgrade program with primary responsibilities of supporting program manager in deputy fashion. Tasks also included coordinating and submitting flight worthiness certification documents to customer for approval of all baseline modifications.
– Assigned as lead of multi-discipline team for solving vanishing vendor sustainment issue for key aircraft component. Performed trade study analysis on potential options for improving availability of key component.
– Assigned as risk owner on multiple risks requiring maintaining risk status and presenting at risk board meetings and to customer.
– Provided systems engineering support in Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), guiding the process and completing formal results documentation that was delivered to customer.
General Dynamics Land Systems – Sterling Heights, MI
Systems Engineer – Contract Employee (2003 - 2004)
– Performed systems engineering and systems design integration for development of Future Combat Systems and Stryker defense programs. Developed systems architecture documents for initial conceptual designs. Supported build of prototype systems for final validation testing. Coordinated with various engineering disciplines to ensure overall system design compliance. Involved in overall system concept development, system design, systems requirements reviews, and requirements verification. Served as interim Integrated Product Team (IPT) lead for six months in addition to performing regular systems engineering duties. Praised by customer for completing numerous quick turnaround system design concept analysis.
Specialty Concepts, Inc. – Frisco, TX
Project Manager (2002)
– Coordinated the development and production of custom automation equipment. Developed schedules and maintained inventory of materials, components, and fabricated parts. Coordinated with external suppliers. Developed operational procedures and owner’s manuals. Verified contract requirements.
Infinitec Networks (company no longer in business) – Plano, TX
Project Manager (2000 - 2001)
– Managed all development aspects for new telecommunications products from cradle-to-grave. Coordinated with marketing and all engineering disciplines. Responsibilities also included coordinating product development work with outside contractors. Developed project schedules, tracked development tasks, and coordinated team meetings with both internal teams and external contractors. Reviewed and assembled product development contracts with suppliers. Wrote system requirements document.
Overhead Door Corporation – Dallas, TX
Project Manager / Mechanical Engineer (1998 - 2000)
– Responsible for all aspects of new product development from initial design concept to final product delivery, including product design, verification testing, schedules, supplier coordination, and meeting product cost targets. Delivered product to market considered best in industry as confirmed by feed...
Login or Register to view the full resume.