P.A.B. P.E. C.Ht.
Vibration, Project Management, Reliability, Aerospace Systems, Flight Test Engineer
Position(s): Reliability and Flight Test Engineer, Management of Small Engineering Projects, Instrumentation, Structural Analysis and Test, Acoustics Tribology, Analysis and Testing of Major Spacecraft Structures, Lightning and Fire testing, Electro-Mechanical Systems Engineer, Flight Test Engineer, Systems/Environmental Requirements Engineer (RF and Mechanical) , Mechanical Test and Analysis, (NASTRAN, FAMOSS, dynamic, static, thermal and EMC to Mil Std 810, DO 178B, DO-254, MIL-STD-882, MIL-STD-217 and DO 160, Flight and Ground Test and Analysis Engineer, Structural Dynamics, FAA Certifications of Hardware and Software FARs 21 and 25, Safety and Reliability Engineer,
Education: BS, Aerospace Engineering, Auburn University 1976
MS, Aerospace Engineering, Northrop University, 1982
Graduate Study Control Systems, University of Southern California
Graduate Study Economics (Statistics), California State University, Los Angeles
Professional California Professional Engineer (License No. M 21372)
Certifications: Extra Class Ham Radio Operator (License KG6PZO)
36 hr Private Pilot Training
Total Combined Dynamic and Hydraulic testing from Cryogenic to 2000 degree Flame testing. Spacecraft Structural Testing with Hydraulic Loading. 30 Years in the fields of: Aircraft and Spacecraft System/Subsystem and component Structures/Dynamic Design Analysis and Testing. Management and Direction of Subcontracted Environmental Testing.
Experience: Small Project Management, Fabrication and Testing, Specification Development/Allocation, Thermal Analysis and Testing and Mechanical Reliability Analysis (Fault Tree, Mean Time to Failure, Weibull Analysis with RELEX and Reliability Workbench, FRACAS, FMECA and Orbital Debris Analysis, DOORS software, Proposal and Test Plan and Report Writing. Trade Studies, Proposal Writing, Control Systems analysis, Digital and Analog. System Modeling. Fault Detection, Maintenance Predictions, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, System Simulations with Matlab and Simulink, Software (DO-178B) and Hardware (DO-254) Compliance
• Flight Testing of Aircraft and Unmanned Air Vehicles
• Mechanical Safety/Reliability/maintainability Analysis (MTBF, FMECA)
• Structural Dynamics Environment Estimation, Analysis and testing of flight systems and components
• Vibroacoustic Prediction Analysis
• NASTRAN, PATRAN
• Orbital Debris Mitigation, including 15 NASA, NSS 1740.14 Spacecraft Assessments.
• Flight data Instrumentation and Analysis of static, shock, random vibration, and deployment loads,
• Passive damping for composite graphite structures,
• Environmental test specification development,
• Spacecraft deployment analysis and failure analysis,
• Analysis of interactions of spacecraft attitude controls and structural dynamic responses.
2011-2013 P and H Mining (Milwaukee, Wi.) Reliability and Systems Engineer
• Costing and Management of a test program, Scheduling of Test Programs and Prediction of Availability of Mining Equipment, Reliability, Maintainability, Test Procedures, Reliability Trade Studies
2010-2011 Composite Engineering (Sacramento, Ca.) Systems Engineer-Flight Test Engineer
• Systems, Flight Test of UAVs and Mechanical Reliability Engineering, for the SSAT Target Unmanned Arial Vehicle (UAV),
• Passive damping
2010 Hamilton Sunstrand (Windsor Locks, Ct.) Systems Engineer Manned Spaceflight, Life Support System (Contractor)
• Specification writing for Orion Spacecraft life support system using DOORs
• Heat Transfer, Pressure Drop, Pump Sizing, plumbing design, Sublimator Design
• Pneumatic Systems and Plumbing of Spacecraft
2009-2010 Northrop Grumman (Sierra Vista, Az.) Flight and Instrumentation Test Engineer (Contractor)
• Flight Test of UAVs and Mechanical Reliability Engineering, for the Hunter Unmanned Arial Vehicle (UAV),
• Passive damping of fairings
2008-2009 Goodrich Aerostructures (Chula Vista, Ca.) Ground Test/Reliability Engineer Jet Engines (Contractor)
• Flight Test of Nacelles on Boeing and Air Bus aircraft and Mechanical Reliability and Maintainability Engineering, FRACAS, Fault Trees, Fault Detection, Overall Reliability
• Drainage Analysis, Lightning and Fire Testing of Jet Nacelle components,
• FAA Certification of Hardware, fault trees, mean time to failure, Weibull Analysis, SAE ARP-4761 analysis.
• Hydromechanicial Thrustreverser reliability analysis. Software Interface
• Gas Turbine Control and Interfaces
• Specification Writing to Mil Std 490
2006-2008 Boeing Space Systems (Hawthorne, Ca.) Product/Systems/Ground Test Engineer RF components
• Requirements Generation for Spacecraft Communication
• Manufacturing and Structural Liaison for GPS antennas,
• Analysis of Spacecraft components and structures using NASTRAN and FAMOSS
• Vibration and Shock, Thermal and testing of Spacecraft Components to Mil Std 810,
• Managed the Cost, Schedule and Technical Details of Reflector Antenna Environmental Qualification Testing
• Systems Engineering Communications Spacecraft. Used Concepts of Operations requirements flow and DOORS.
2005-2008 Gibbel Technologies Corp. – (El Segundo, Ca.) Electronic Packaging Engineer
• Design and verification testing of an ultra low cost passive damping system for commercial disk drive systems.
• Operate shakers and rebuild a shaker at NTS,
• NASTRAN, PATRAN Loads Ana...
Login or Register to view the full resume.