Highly experienced Embedded Engineer. Has contributed at all design process levels, from developing product specifications to debugging hardware and software. Involved in a wide variety of industries, developing embedded microprocessor based products. Responsible for numerous successful products.
Works well independently, as a team member and as a team leader. Quickly grasps architecture of complex systems. Adept at developing new system architectures and incorporating new features into existing systems. Thorough understanding of special needs of embedded software and hardware.
VeEx, Norcross, GA - www.veexinc.com
Senior Firmware Engineer 2018 - Present * Develop and support firmware for portable cable television test equipment.
* Wrote and integrated serial debug interface for existing test equipment.
* Support hardware developers to debug and enhance equipment.
* Introduced coding standards.
Environment: C, C++, dsPIC, SVN, Visual Studio, GCC, MPLAB, Windows, Microsoft Office
Eaton Lighting, Peachtree City, GA - www.eaton.com
Lead Embedded Engineer 2014 - 2017 * Created and maintained firmware for company’s occupancy sensors. Developed and implemented algorithms for detecting motion using passive infrared sensors and ultrasonic sensors.
* Designed and implemented algorithms for closed loop lighting control to implement daylight harvesting. Patent granted for lighting algorithm supporting Title 24.
* Worked with embedded development team to develop coding standards and procedures. Authored code review procedure.
* Used a number of different communications protocols including DALI and ZigBee.
Environment: C, C++, PIC, ARM, GIT, SVN, CCS PIC compiler, Visual Studio, GCC, CodeWarrior, IAR, STM32CubeMX, Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo, ZigBee, DALI, Ember, MPLAB, Windows, Microsoft Office
General Electric Transportation, Erie, PA - www.ge.com
Lead Software Engineer 2012 - 2014 * Wrote control and monitor software for locomotives.
* Implemented new customer features.
* Created implementation guides for adding features to existing subsystems.
* Wrote a variety of utility programs to streamline the development environment (Windows command line).
Environment: C, C++, PowerQUICC, QNX, Perforce, Windows, Microsoft Office
Whirlpool Corporation, Benton Harbor, MI - www.whirlpool.com
Senior Electrical Engineer 2010 - 2012 * Developed software for LCD touch-screen graphical user interfaces. Developed new software and maintain existing product software for a number of different appliance categories including cooking, laundry and refrigeration.
* Worked in various software teams and individually with graphic artists, user interface specialists and test groups to successfully develop multiple products. Used agile methodologies to improve development process.
* Created an Adobe Flash simulation environment to simplify software development and for outside groups to experience and evaluate the appliance interface software.
John Deere IVS, Urbandale, IA - www.deere.com
Contract Senior Product Engineer 2008 - 2010 * Maintained firmware and developed new features for in-cab touch-screen computer to control and monitor agricultural equipment and farming processes.
* Member of engineering regression test team to verify new code.
* Developed and implemented an algorithm to correct field perimeter errors.
Environment: C, C++, VXWorks, StarTeam, Collaborator, CAN, Windows, Microsoft Office
Electrolux, Springfield, TN - www.electrolux.com
Contract and Staff Senior Product Engineer 2007 – 2008 * Worked with a large team to develop firmware for a variety of cooktops and ranges.
* Developed a Windows simulation system for the operating environment using Adobe Flash to simulate the user interface and other peripherals. This allowed development of the embedded application with both Microsoft Visual C++ and GCC/GDB.
Environment: C, MPLAB, Windows
Rockwell Collins, Cedar Rapids, IA - www.rockwellcollins.com
Contract Engineer 2007 * Wrote software to generate configuration files for equipment in an aviation network (ARINC 429.)
* Generated requirements for network configuration tools.
* Modified existing subsystem to bring it into compliance with specifications.
* Member of cross-functional team.
* Created architectural documents for configuration generation tools.
Environment: C++, Visual Studio, GCC, ClearCase, DOORS, Windows
Lucent Technologies, Columbus, OH
Contract Firmware Design Engineer 2005 - 2006 * Developed firmware portion of a GPS reference replacement for an Assisted GPS application.
* Acted as Lucent’s technical liaison with new GPS receiver manufacturer.
Login or Register to view the full resume.