Highly motivated individual seeking a position where I can utilize the knowledge and skills obtained from my Composite Engineering and Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering education to create a respectful and productive work environment, while engaging in new challenges and learning experiences that help develop and create sustainable engineering solutions.
North Carolina State University; Raleigh, North Carolina Aug 2011 - Aug 2013
• Master of Science Degree in MAE (Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering) 3.292/4.00 GPA
o Structures and Composite Materials
• Master’s Thesis Project - Electromagnetic Interference Shielding Effectiveness of Composite Materials
o North Carolina State University was one of several universities participating in the EcoCAR Challenge competition. This is a competition where teams needed to alter a new car to make it more Eco-friendly. Part of the NCSU team’s design was a composite materials battery case that would house the Lithium Ion Batteries. During the previous year the team attempted to make a battery case out of fiber glass, but encountered several problems with EMI. My objective was to determine if composites combined with different fillers could provide sufficient EMI Shielding. Samples were produced using a hand lay-up procedure and then tested according to an ASTM Standard.
Winona State University; Winona, MN Aug 2006 - May 2010
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Composite Materials Engineering 3.300/4.00 GPA
• Senior Design Project - Analysis of a Carbon Fiber remote control car chassis structural design
o The project consisted of replacing the current design of a remote control Baja Car chassis with a more structural efficient chassis design. It was decided as a team to use carbon fiber prepreg to achieve this new design. The carbon fiber prepreg was laid up in an aluminum mold followed by vacuum bag sealing and autoclaving. Once finished, testing was done on the structural integrity of the chassis.
TechniPower National Staffing Solutions Sept 2014 – Current
• Full-time contract position for TechniPower’s client (GEA Farm Technologies)
o Utilizing Solidworks for part creation and drawing revisions
Both creation of new products and modification of existing parts (3D models, 2D Drawings, Bill of Materials, etc.)
o Data management through Microsoft Office products
o Work with client’s host system (SAP) to review product specifications
Merchants Financial Group, Inc. (Winona, MN) Aug 2010 - Dec 2010
• Mortgage Banking Operations, Temporary Employee during peak time
• Utilized bank software to pre-screen documentation prior to forwarding to Underwriting.
WSU Foreign Language Lab (Winona, MN) Aug 2006 - May 2010
• Lab Attendant during College
Login or Register to view the full resume.