PARKER HANNIFIN Charlotte, NC Feb 2014 – Present
Engineer, Product & Supplier Quality
Providing engineering support for AC/DC VFDs, energy grid tie inverters and battery storage containers.
Facilitate dFMEA with R&D for new product development and lead pFMEA process for manufacture rollout of new product lines.
Develop design specifications and review for custom inverter systems.
Schematic design review and development for electro-mechanical components.
Utilize ECO system for design improvements.
Lead redesign of 250HP DC drive used for specific customer application
Work with choke supplier to reduce weight, size and improve cooling system
Quality Operation Systems:
Developed the supplier quality management system:
Supplier scorecard system (procedure, WI, calculator)
Pre-qualification audit and surveillance system
APQP/PPAP style process for new product launches
Supplier development program
Participate on VA/VE project for liquid cooled AC drive
Implemented SPC in phase module cell for monitoring of IGBT temperature.
Developed QC inspection WI including the sampling methodology of ISO2859.
Perform failure analysis on returned VFD and failed VFD during production - (involving power PCBs, control circuits, ICs et cetera).
CB&I CHARLOTTE, NC Aug 2011 – Feb 2014
Nuclear Quality Engineer (Nuclear Power)
Provided quality engineering support for the engineering, procurement and construction of two Westinghouse AP1000 nuclear power plants and other nuclear outage projects. Some responsibilities included the following:
• Developed Inspection and Test Plans for electrical, structural and mechanical nuclear equipment.
• Conducted reviews of design documentation such as design specifications, drawings (Schematics, P&IDs), calculations, design changes and purchase orders to ensure proper requirements were integrated such as ASME, IEEE, & WEC DCD flow down.
• Automated new and existing processes through computer software.
• Supported external and internal auditing and surveillance teams as an ASME NQA-1 Auditor.
• Provided oversight of Supplier’s manufacturing processes.
CB&I CHARLOTTE, NC May 2011 – Aug 2011
Systems Engineer Intern
Retained an internship followed by promotion to Quality Engineer upon completion. My duties included implementation of mobile computing systems for QC receipt ...
Login or Register to view the full resume.