To whom it may concern:
I have experience and education that provide a foundation for me to be an asset to your organization.
My qualifications include a Bachelor of Science with a major in Geology and minor in Mathematics. During the ten years I worked for Conoco Inc. in the Geophysics Department, I was responsible for the development and maintenance of mapping, log analysis, and seismic processing applications. I also performed mud logging duties on two wells during the summer in college.
I have extensive experience in the computer operations field, and have worked as a Systems Analyst, Geoscientist, Computer Scientist, Program Developer, Geographical Information Systems (GIS) developer and Software Engineer. I owned and managed a successful medical office practice management systems computer support and services company, until its sale to WEBMD. The business specialized in providing complete operational support of the medical practice management systems used in physician’s offices. Responsibilities included support for the entire office staff, hardware installation, networking, software implementation, system security, data integrity and training. I had the responsibility to plan, coordinate, and set schedules for the installation, implementation and maintenance of all management information systems for over forty separate physician sites. One site had over thirty employees that supported four cardiovascular physicians.
I started my own business as an independent business evaluations expert and performed business evaluations using a program I created in a Microsoft Excel program that performs calculations and produces reports to establish a fair market value of a business.
I have the ability to communicate and interact effectively with a broad spectrum of individuals, whether they be geoscientists, business owners, computer professionals or the general public. Computer operations must be kept running. System Security has become a vital area of need in the Information Technology field. Operating systems, networks, and applications being run over the networking systems are now utilized so extensively the performance of all these systems need to be constantly monitored, managed, and upgraded if they are to remain operational.
I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you and discuss my qualifications and your needs in detail. If my skills, abilities and experience do not fit the required parameters for this position please inform me of any other positions in which you think I could contribute.
Thank you for your consideration.
Geoscientist, Software Engineer, Systems Analyst, Programmer.
- Windows, Sun Solaris, Unix and IBM Operating Systems Administration
- System integration knowledge and experience
- Test case or Test procedure development knowledge and/or experience
- Computer application integration and verification knowledge and or experience.
- Programming capabilities in “C”, Basic, FORTRAN, COBOL, and Data Base Schemas,
- Strong systems and software engineering process background
- Integration experience
- Requirements Analysis Management
- Excellent Communication and Verbal skills
- Self Starter and Multi-tasker
- COTS or Custom Developed Software skills
Bachelor of Science - Oklahoma State University, Geology/Math
Senior Systems Engineer - Lockheed Martin - Oklahoma City, Ok - Sept. 2010/ Present
Description: Instrument Flight Procedures Automation (IFPA) Support: Provided technical expertise to National Flight Procedures Group, System Integration Team, AJW-326, for FAA proprietary Instrument Flight Procedures Automation (IFPA) software applications support. The particular applications were: IAPA, IPDS, APTS, IFP SIAP, IFP FIX, IFP DP, IFP ENROUTE, IFP DEPARTURES, IFP STARS, ESVMS, and AIRNAV. Responsible for supporting the testing and debugging of new software and existing operational production systems and the operational certification for the changes identified in Data System Change proposals (DSCP).
• Supporting National Flight Procedures Offices (NFPO), Regional Flight Procedures Branches requests for assistance for support on FAA proprietary software applications.
• Developing and/or evaluating test scripts to ensure accuracy.
• Identify problems through the testing and debugging process, which may require revision to IFPA program software, and provide recommended corrective action.
• Find bugs, defects, and regressions, design, implement, execute and debug information technology test cases and scripts, validate and document completion of testing and development, automate test cases, verify fixes.
• Write and/or assist in writing of the DSCP and/or supplemental DSCPs in support of the Production Systems.
• Developing benchmark tests to cover the DSCPs written in support of program problems or new programming.
• Providing assistance in training FAA Procedure Specialist in the correct application and use of IFPA software in the development of SIAPs.
Market Research Analyst - International Acquisitions Group - Dallas, TX - Oct. 2004/Sept. 2010
Description: Research market conditions in local, regional, or national areas to determine potential sales of a business by gathering information on competitors, prices, sales, and other similar businesses sold. Use a customer survey to create an evaluation of the business in order to determine a fair market value based on regional preferences and other criteria.
• Collect and analyze data on customer demographics, preferences, needs, and buying habits to identify potential markets and factors affecting product demand.
• Prepare reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text.
• Forecast and track marketing and sales trends, analyzing collected data.
• Seek and provide information to help companies determine their position in the marketplace.
• Measure the effectiveness of marketing, advertising, and communications programs and strategies.
• Conduct research on consumer opinions and marketing strategies, collaborating with marketing professionals, statisticians, pollsters, and other professionals.
• Attend staff conferences to provide management with information and proposals concerning the promotion, distribution, design, and pricing of company products or services.
• Gather data on competitors and analyze their prices, sales, and method of marketing and distribution.
• Monitor industry statistics and follow trends in trade literature.
• Devise and evaluate methods and procedures for collecting data, such as surveys, opinion polls, or questionnaires, or arrange to obtain existing data.
• Develop and implement procedures for identifying advertising needs.
Software Engineer - Federal Aviation Administration - Oklahoma City, OK - July 2000/Sept. 2004
Description: Worked with Raytheon personnel to install and support the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Integr...
Login or Register to view the full resume.