Systems Engineer with emphasis on Network and Computer Systems and Information Assurance
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
· Over 5 years of experience as an Engineer on large communication systems projects
· Very fast learner with strong technical competence
· Proven ability to plan, manage resources, and complete tasks on time with superior quality
· Great team player; always willing to help and train others as needed
· Demonstrated record of direct customer support as a technical subject matter expert
General Dynamics C4 Systems, Scottsdale, AZ, March 2011 – Present
Support system development and deployment of the ground system for the U.S. Navy next-generation satellite communication system, the Mobile User Object System (MUOS). Position has included support of the lab environment in Scottsdale, AZ, a one-year temporary assignment at the MUOS site in Wahiawa, HI, and periodic field travel to the site in Hawaii.
· Perform configuration and administration of switches, routers, firewalls, Windows and Unix/Linux-based servers, intrusion detection systems, COMSEC devices, and RF devices.
· Create and validate operations and maintenance (O&M) procedures and system operations manuals, and execute those procedures on the operational system during system deployment.
· Provide remote and in-person Subject Matter Expert support to team members and various levels of customer representatives located around the world (Hawaii, Virginia, Colorado, California, Arizona, Australia, and Sicily).
· Directly supported successful on-schedule completion of 9 major system-wide MUOS site software deployments by performing software installation/patching, installation and regression testing, and information assurance validation.
· Provided direct Ground System SATCOM support during and after successful launch of first MUOS space vehicle.
· Developed, tested, and implemented more than 100 procedures, including O&M procedures, Network Management and administration procedures (configuration, fault, and security management), system test procedures, and training manuals.
· Interfaced with internal MUOS team members and various levels of customer representatives for scheduling and sharing of MUOS deployed Ground System resources to support successful execution of many major and minor program milestones.
General Dynamics C4 Systems, Scottsdale, AZ, March 2008 – March 2011
Supported production and deployment environments of various large communication systems projects, including MUOS, Rescue 21 (Coast Guard Search and Rescue support project), DoJ Integrated Wireless Network (IWN), and other smaller projects.
· Led a team of 3 people to gain and maintain configuration control of the MUOS integration and test labs while the...
Login or Register to view the full resume.