Superior career progression in the last 9-years in IT, demonstrates commitment to deliver robust customer- service and project management in deadline-and task-driven environments. The commonsense approach and "big-picture" vision are skills that have been developed moving forward to a leadership style approach to all tasks that encourages problem ownership and critical thinking for solutions. While troubleshooting and facing complex situations, the capacity to think "outside the square" has been embraced for more effective outcomes. Independent work habits, intuitive business sense, and a quick grasp of new technologies strengthen the dedication to push towards a productive and successful IT function in current and past assignments.
PROFESSIONAL STRENGTHS INCLUDE:
• Service level agreements • Data backup
• Team management/training • System expandability & reliability
• SLA targets • Procurement of equipment
• Staff recruitment, interviewing • Project management
• Technical troubleshooting • Help Desk Management
• Staff succession planning • Customer service
• Active directory account creation • Equipment refresh
• Security rights and permissions • Forecasting of future work
• Business needs analysis • Vendor relationships
BENCHMARKS & MILESTONES
• Working in a help desk environment and having the proper training helped me develop quickly, therefore in a short time getting promoted to the helpdesk lead position. While in this position, I was allowed to restructure the helpdesk process in Global Domains International. The restructuring of the process actually helped reduce the amount of time per call and allowed us to escalate complex issues to more experienced agents.
• While working at Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, I took on the role of project manager of the electronic lab notebook project. With the careful planning and creative collaboration of the vendors and the IT department we had on time delivery of the hardware and software. The project from start to finish was scheduled for 20 weeks we completed and delivered less than 17 weeks.
• Redesigned the computer refresh process at Goodrich Aerostructures a fortune 500 company; now called UTC. While doing this the main purpose was to stay on schedule while leading 2 teams. The monthly deliverable was to have all equipment recovered and sanitized on time so it could be delivered to asset management and shipped back to Dell.
Goodrich Aerostructures/ UTC/ CSC, Chula Vista, CA. 2008 to Present
Senior Field Tech
Do IT Smarter/Takeda Limited, San Diego, CA. 2005 to 2008
Ccops/ CSC/ Sempra Energy, San Diego, CA. 2004 to 2005
Desktop Support / Special Projects
Global Domains, Carlsbad, CA. 2004 to 2004
Service Desk/ Service Desk Lead
Atlantic Administrative Services, Chula Vista, CA. 2003 to 2012
Goodrich, United Technologies, Chula Vista 2008 to Present 2008 to Present
Systems Administrator I / Senior Field Technician
Started as a Desktop Support level 2 Technician and moved up to a Systems Administrator 1 to my latest position Senior Field Technician.
• Helped redesign the refresh process for Chula Vista Aerostructures.
• Led the deployment team who handled the monthly refresh of equipment.
• Created the refresh lists, contacted users to make them aware of upcoming refresh.
• Helped manage the Windows 7 upgrade project on a site with over 2,500 computers.
• Worked with asset management with the procurement of spare equipment for break fix.
• Helped asset management with the approval process for users request for procurement of equipment.
• Assisted asset management with software license management.
• Assisted asset management and the IT department in enforcing software licensing.
• Managed the printer server, created printer queues and worked with the vendors to make sure multifunction printers worked appropriately at all times.
• Worked Break fix tickets.
• Installed engineering software and other applications.
• Imaged and deployed desktops and laptops.
• Worked on conference room equipment and maintained equipment.
• Created documentation as needed for software installation and refresh procedures.
• Standardized all group documents and email for optimum cost management.
Do IT Smarter 2005 to 2008 1998 to 2002
IT Support Analyst 1 / Desktop Engineer
Swiftly progressed from IT Support Analyst role, through hard work and leadership to Desktop Engineer of the entire site. Quickly gained the users acceptance through transparent communications and training on a user community of about 300 users. The need of support was diversified; we had desktop, laptops, multifunction printers, local printers and cell phone devices. My duties varied from day to day from procuring equipment to creating images backing up servers and deploying systems, procuring and issuing phones and configuring phones for users in the phone system.
• Created user accounts in exchange and active directory.
• Created UNIX accounts.
• Created printer queues.
• Backed up data.
• Deployed server updates.
• Ensured antivirus patterns where up to date and pushed out to all the clients.
• Ensured AV equipment was working.
• Created desktop and laptop images.
• Tested software for compatibility.
• Assisted in the management of the Blackberry server.
• Tested new hardware for compatibility with lab instruments and software.
• Procured computers, software and requested equipment.
• Deployed computers for new employees.
• Refreshed equipment for employees when needed.
• Trouble shot hardware and software.
• Supported executives and legal department.
• Worked with software vendors to ensure that software updates and modification where done properly and on time.
• worked with disposal companies to dispose of computer equipment properly.
• Special projects include the electronic notebook for the labs.
Ccops / CSC / Sempra Energy, San Diego 2004 to 2005 2004 to 2005
Desktop Support/ Special Projects
Working here entailed of supporting an environment of over 900 users on a daily basis. Some of our duties included but was not limited to tro...
Login or Register to view the full resume.