Objective of this Resume
The purpose of this resume is to gain employment in a challenging systems development environment producing new and exciting technologies and products for the commercial aerospace industry.
Summary of Qualifications
• 6 years systems experience in avionics.
• 8 years object oriented software development and test experience in Early Warning (EW) systems.
• 5 years software development on Wind River VxWorks using Workbench.
• Work well and am comfortable in either a software engineering or systems test role as demonstrated through a broad range of engineering tasks at Northrop Grumman (NGC).
• Demonstrated engineering prowess through efficient application of engineering concepts to real world problems with the goal of delivering the best product to my customers.
• Active DoD Secret Security Clearance.
Languages C/C++, ADA, Java (Int), ATLAS, Visual Basic, Micro Flame 9445 Assembly
OS Windows, Linux, VxWorks RTOS, VMS (Basic), Android OS (Basic)
Hardware ALQ155, ALR46, ALR62, RAID, Oscilloscopes, Bus Analyzers, VME183
Tools Workbench, SVN, MS Office, MS Visual Studio, DOORS, WireShark, GIMP, UML
Northrop Grumman TS, Warner Robins, GA 2003 - Present
Software Development Engineer 4
- UK AWACS E-3D Mode S Upgrade. A member of the prime management team with technical oversight of sub-contractors and design/test requirements analysis for a new IFF Mode S system. The group A modification systems endeavor progressed through the specification stage, system requirements development, first article design/production, environmental qualification, hazard analysis, IV&V, maintainability analysis, flight testing and finally return to service. The program was heavily dependent on our team as a system integrator. Responsibilities also included the coordination of ITAR requirements and export control interface, logistics, and execution of contractual design/program reviews with the Integrated Product Team. Extensive travel was required.
- UK AWACS E-3D Flight Data Recorder Upgrade. Systems engineering role for integrating a COTS aviation recorder system onto a 707 airframe. Responsibilities included requirements analysis, writing system test plans, developing test cases, ICD development and on site overseas testing. Also while on this program I helped develop, design, and test an aircraft sensor simulator test bench for risk mitigation of the new flight data recorder. This test equipment allowed for simulation and stimulation of hundreds of discreet signals, analog, synchro, 1553 and ARINC429 resulting in significant technical risk reduction. The team received a TAP Award (Timely Achievement Plan) for delivery ahead of an already aggressive program schedule.
- B-52 Software and System Sustainment. EW OFP development on VxWorks in C/C++ using Workbench. Responsibilities include system requirements development, real time task based software design and coding, integration and test of computer software configuration items, and lead configuration management responsibilities. Our outstanding integration team received a Jerry Sowell RF Award from the Dixie Crows Association.
- C-130 Avionics Modernization Program. Software testing of a low altitude terrain following system prototype for the USAF. Responsibilities included integration testing, test case development and documentation.
- F-111 Royal Australian Air Force Sustainment Program. One of three engineers who supported and successfully completed a multimillion dollar contract developing a high fidelity simulation of a radar warning receiver system to be used in a flight simulator. The program involved complete software life cycle design from analyzing customer’s requirements, PDR, CDR, C&UT, through FQT. Additionally, I was responsible for tasks to design and implement RWR operational flight program upgrades. Tasks involved missile guid...
Login or Register to view the full resume.