- Have 7 years’ systems engineering experience working in a fast paced/mission critical environment where complex problem solving, critical thinking, and attention to detail are vital to complete the tasks.
- Have 4 years’ experience providing 24/7 on-call support for active systems performing mission critical communications across 12 NASA sites.
- Successfully provide mission critical support for NASA shuttle missions, International Space Station communications and rocket/satellite launches.
- Managed the development of hardware for Class 1/Div. 2 rated environments.
Senior Systems and Lead Project Engineer
Frequentis USA, Columbia, MD May 2007 - Present
- Analyze, create and maintain system requirements documentation (SRD).
- Analyze program specifications and clarify technical issues. Based on analysis, create system architecture and produce system solution documentation.
- Perform software updates to servers and domain controllers running Microsoft Windows Server 2003. Incorporate updates to Oracle databases through PERL scripts or SQL commands.
- Work closely with hardware and software engineers to meet system requirements and create resolutions to trouble tickets.
- Provide 24/7 on-call support for mission critical communications and operations. Create trouble tickets and provide end-to-end issue tracking for all issues. When needed, participate in on-site maintenance activities to resolve trouble tickets.
- Originate specific test procedures, conduct the system integration, factory acceptance tests, site acceptance tests, maintenance, failure location and analysis with the customer.
- Develop and follow procedures for performance, functional and regression testing with the customer to verify the system still operates in accordance with the requirements.
- Lead and support engineering change boards and technical exchange meetings with the customer.
- Design, document and implement system design, interface design, network configurations, and network architecture, including hardware and software technology, site locations, and integration of technologies.
- Analyze technical projects risks and produce mitigation process and metrics.
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan layout for type of hardware and peripheral equipment, or modifications to existing equipment and systems that will provide capability for proposed project or work load, efficient operation, and effective use of allotted space.
- Confer with project management to obtain information and limitations and capabilities of existing system and capabilities required for projects and projected work load.
- Monitor functioning of equipment and system performance to ensure system operates in conformance with specification and provide security measures, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Manage and coordinate hardware changes across multiple projects and generating engineering change documentation for customers.
- Create custom solutions to improve efficiency of products. These include Windows batch files to automate tasks, UNIX scripts via bash to automate custom software loading and configuration of custom hardware running Linux BusyBox OS and basic PERL scripting for oracle databases.
- Work with Quality Assurance Manager to develop and improve engineering processes and tools in accordance with...
Login or Register to view the full resume.