Senior Systems Engineer / Software Engineer with experience in all phases of systems engineering and software engineering/development, including integration, system/software test, and customer support in the mobile device, radio, computer, avionics, air traffic control, and satellite communications industries, with emphasis on Information Assurance (IA). Subcontractor selection and technical management. Strong communication skills and effective interaction with internal and external customers/resources to accomplish goals.
• Systems Engineering • Systems & Software Testing • Team Leadership
• Software Development • Fault Tolerance Engineering • Technical Leadership
• Customer Support • Customer Interface • Problem Resolution
Languages: C, C++, Visual C++, Objective-C, Perl
Operating Systems: Android, SE for Android, KNOX, iOS, OSX, Unix, Linux, SOS, Windows
Tools: Rational (ClearCase, ClearQuest, Rose, RequisitePro, DOORS, Quality Manager), ObjectBench, MS & Greenhills Compilers/Debugger, CMVC, MS Office, Visio, MS Project, Xcode, GIT
Mobile Devices: iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy S4, MacBook Pro, HTC Touch Pro, Dell Laptops
Embedded Processors: Advanced INFOSEC Machine (AIM), Motorola 603 satellite processors, mobile device processors
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
B.S. Computer Science - Washington University, St. Louis, MO
CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional Secret Clearance
Senior Systems Engineer, Samsung B2B R&D Lab, Santa Clara, CA Contract position July 2013 - October 2013
B2B Lab Android based KNOX mobile device platform POC for government requirements and related activities.
• Government security requirement analysis (MDFPP, MCP).
• KNOX platform security presentations to government agencies.
• Supported General Dynamics development of GD Secure version of KNOX and security analysis of the KNOX platform.
• Pre-sales technical support.
Principal Systems Engineer, General Dynamics C4 Systems, Scottsdale, AZ June 2002 - July 2013
Responsible for systems engineering on eight programs: Secure Handheld (Samsung) IRAD, HMS, JBCP, AMF, FCS, SME PED, IFF, and F-22.
Secure Handheld (Samsung) IRAD Program November 2012 - July 2013
Security Systems Engineer for the Internal Research and Development joint program with Samsung on the Android based KNOX mobile device platform.
• Authored scenarios and provided guidance to Samsung regarding Common Access Card (CAC) use with the KNOX platform for user authentication to device and US Government internet interfaces such as secure web browsing, email, and VPNs.
• Verified KNOX platform compliance with DISA Security Requirements Guides (SRGs), particularly with respect to PKI material and use of that material for user authentication to the Knox platform, web browsing to secure internet sites, email signature and encryption, and VPN mutual authentication.
• Verified container and VPN behavior with respect to information security.
• Provided KNOX platform issues and behavior enhancement guidance feedback to Samsung.
HMS Bv1 SaB Program April 2012 - November 2012
Security Systems Engineer for the Handheld/Manpack/Small Form Fit (HMS) Secret and Below (SaB) Joint Tactical Radio System (JTRS) program.
• Developed the SELinux Policy Architecture and the SELinux section of the Security Evaluation Document (SED).
• Worked with embedded Linux distributor, Timesys, to produce working embedded SELinux for HMS
• Authored Bv1 Lab Guide for lab setup, performing software builds, firmware and software loading all radio processors, including flashing and software download and radio provisioning.
JBCP Program February 2012 - April 2012
Security Systems Engineer for the Joint Battle Command Platform (JBCP). Performed tests to verify correct functioning with GDC4S generated SELinux policy.
AMF Program April 2008 - February 2012
Security Systems Engineer for the $1B+ Airborne and Maritime/Fixed Station (AMF) Joint Tactical Radio System (JTRS) program.
• Information Assurance team representative to the Management and Control (M&C) CPT
with special focus on the High Order Control (HOC) and Low Order Control (LOC)
• Worked on special projects, researching and making design recommendations for the AMF
IA CPT Leader
• Developed UIC and STIG requirement allocation and decomposition to CSCIs
• Created Theory of Design and Operation (TDO), Theory of Compliance (TOC)
• Developed Security Verification Tests (SVT)
• Wrote white papers on PKI material definition, system flow, and fill with special focus on Authentication and Access Control
• Made presentations at IA TIMs with PMO, NSA, and AMF team on Role Based Device Certificate Definition/Flow/Decryption/Fill/Loading and Sensitive Data Handling and Protection (PKI, Passwords, etc.)
FCS Program November 2007 - April 2008
Systems Engineer for the Future Combat System (FCS) Software Separation Privileged Virtual Machine (PVM) subsystem.
* Developed and authored system level UML use cases and requirements
SME PED Program January 2006 - November 2007
Technical lead of the Software Integration and Test team for the Secure Mobile Environment Personal Electronic Device (SME PED)(Sectera Edge) product. Lead a team of 6 engineers.
• Designed and built the SME PED test lab
• Developed the SME PED software CM structure
• Performed formal software integration builds
• Developed system level test cases for software requirements verification
• Performed integrated software testing
• Reviewed and participated in refinement of software requirements
• Participate in software CCBs
• Managed hardware resources used for software development and test
IFF Program November 2002 - January 2006
Software Systems Engineering lead for the $10M Navy (BAE) and Air Force (KIV-78) Mode 5 Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) subsystems.
• Developed all Fill Processor software requirements
• Authored the Fill Processor Software Requirements Specification (SRS) and managed all
aspects of Fill Processor software development...
Login or Register to view the full resume.