Well-disciplined professional with proven ability to manage multiple assignments efficiently under pressure, while meeting deadline schedules. Proactive and highly analytical individual with a demonstrated use of advanced computer skills to identify problems and create effective solutions. Ability to work independently or within teams to achieve common objectives. Seeking a challenging position in healthcare reimbursement, with the ability to apply my existing knowledge and continue my professional development.
NORTH SHORE-LIJ HEALTH SYSTEM, Lake Success, NY, Manhasset NY, Westbury NY
Finance Department-Reimbursement: Manager– December 2012 to Present
• Mentoring and guiding staff in completion of various Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement issues.
• Responsible for preparing or supervising the completion of multiple exhibits of the Medicare and New York State Institutional Cost Reports for nine hospitals.
• Redesigned the method for Medicare Bad Debts and Disproportionate Share (DSH) lists to improve processes, and reduce cost of outside consulting services.
• Improved the mapping and methodology of reporting Net Patient Service Revenue on the New York and Medicare
Cost Report to better reflect the Health System’s revenue and cost to charge ratios.
• Manage the completion of the New York DSH Audit for nine hospitals.
• Oversee the completion of the budget and submission of various New York State Public Goods Pools.
• Finance contact for the Hospital based EHR incentive program and 340B Drug Pricing incentive Program.
• North Shore-LIJ liaison with the audit team for the New York State HCRA audits for selected facilities.
• Aid in other governmental reimbursement responsibilities, such as Medicare intermediary audits, settlement and rate reviews, 3rd party budget items, and 3rd Party account analysis.
Finance Department-Reimbursement: Assistant Manager– December 2010 to December 2012
• Designed an automated process of entering information into the KPMG Cost Reporting software that eliminated keypunch errors and reduced time to keypunch data manually into the software.
• Prepared various exhibits of the Medicare and New York State Cost Reports.
• Prepared the data and submission of the New York DSH Audit for nine hospitals.
• Responsible for gathering data for reimbursement group to aid in reporting to state and federal agencies.
• Enhanced the HCRA monthly pool submission to better reflect the Health System’s revenue and state regulations.
Finance Department-Reimbursement: Senior Reimbursement Analyst – March 2008 to December 2010
• Assisted in preparation of the Medicare and New York State Cost Reports for Long Island Jewish Medical Center.
• Assisted in preparation of Medicare Wage index and Occupational mix surveys for all Health System owned hospitals.
• Analyzed 3rd Party retro account analysis for financial reporting on a monthly and annual basis.
Login or Register to view the full resume.