CHEMICAL ENGINEER – 11+ YEARS OF EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE IN A PROCESS PLANT
Seeking a leadership role with a reputed manufacturing company in the Chemical industry
Deep experience of operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, pre-commissioning and commissioning of modern high technology chemical & fertilizer plants • Sound experience of managing DCS controlled reformer, methanol, acetic acid ammonia and nitro phosphate • Experience of working in the world’s largest single stream ammonia plant • Skilled in managing flawless and smooth operations achieving production, quality and specific consumption objectives • Capable of coordinating preventive, predictive, proactive, reactive, reliability centred and risk based maintenance • Worked on plant modification schemes including HAZOP studies, model reviews and implementation • Experienced in planning & prioritizing jobs in annual turnaround and emergency shutdowns • Adept in enforcing health, safety and environment rules and adherence to ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards • Proficient in leading, motivating and monitoring teams eliciting superior results • Enthusiastic & dedicated professional with sound communication, coordination, planning and execution skills
MAJOR PLANT UNIT EXPERIENCE
Unit Operations: 100,000TPA Acetic acid using CATIVA process(M/S B. P. Chemicals,UK) • 62000MTA CO separation plant using cold box (M/S Linde,Germany) •Natural gas steam Reforming unit (SGGU – 33,500 Nm3/hr designed by Jacobs UK and H&G) • Natural gas purification/desulphurization • 200MTPD natural gas based isothermal reactor and crude methanol distillation unit for methanol synthesis (ICI, UK & Linde AG, Germany) • 90MTPD oil based methanol synthesis plant with Lozenge Quench Convertor • Pressure Swing Adsorber(PSA) for pure H2 production (Linde AG, Germany) • 1750MTPD Ammonia production based on Fuel oil partial oxidation gasification unit (Texaco, USA) • CO shift conversion unit (BASF, Germany) • 38,000 Nm3/hr CO2 production for urea using CO2 and H2S removal from crude gas by physical absorption and H2S stripping (Linde AG, Germany) • CO purification unit for acetic acid plant (Linde AG, Germany) • Synthesis gas centrifugal compressor with Siemens turbine and BHEL compressor• 11KV motor driven Reciprocating compressor (Dresser-Rand, USA) • Heat recovery steam generator (HRSG) • Cooling water, boiler feed water, steam and condensate networks
Unit Commissioning: 475 TPD each Ammonium nitro phosphate (ANP) (BASF – Germany) and Calcium ammonium nitrate (CAN) (UHDE, Germany) unit in the Nitro phosphate complex
GUJARAT NARMADA VALLEY FERTILIZERS AND CHEMICALS LTD, Bharuch Gujarat (June 1993 to present)
GNFC operates the world’s largest single stream fuel oil based ammonia-urea plant. It is India’s largest producer of formic acid, acetic acid and methanol. http://www.gnfc.in
Sr. Shift Engineer Process, 2013 to present
• Lead a team of 30 and manage operations of the Acetic acid Plant, achieving shift production and quality targets.
• Monitor the performance of process equipment – heat exchangers, compressors, pumps, reactors, distillation columns and strippers – troubleshooting problems ensuring smooth & safe unit operations.
• Interface with the maintenance department and plan day to day maintenance jobs ensuring adherence to safety procedures like isolation of equipment and job safety analysis (JSA) instructions.
• Work with the maintenance team to analyse operations issues and develop proactive & reactive maintenance plans.
• Monitor health of the plant using condition monitoring techniques and regular inspections – thickness measurement of lines, vibration analysis, surveys of rotating machinery and traps – and initiate required maintenance actions. Contribute to implementing reliability centered maintenance (RCM) processes for all critical equipment.
• Coordinate with technical and quality control departments to meet product quality and specific consumption norms.
• Develop plans for annual turnaround and emergency shutdowns including prioritising jobs, defining scope of work and coordinate implementation from the operation side.
• Generate enquiries for jobs to be executed by external agencies during shutdowns.
• Plan and implement procedures ensuring flawless & smooth start-up of the unit.
• Coordinate risk-based maintenance to resolve emergencies in the plant.
• Participate in investigations into accidents, incidents, near misses and develop corrective & preventive action plans to prevent rec...
Login or Register to view the full resume.