Florida State University: Tallahassee, Florida
Graduation: August 2015
Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering with Specialization in Biomedical Engineering
Graduating with Honors, President’s List (4 semesters), and Dean’s List (8 semesters)
Cumulative GPA: 3.8
Research Assistant – Florida State University, National High Magnetic Fields Laboratory (NHMFL)May 2012-May 2015
Mapping Neural Networks in aplysia Californica Using High Field Magnetic Imaging
• Developed and conducted individual experiments using advanced imaging techniques.
• Presented results on multiple occasions to crowds ranging in expertise via PowerPoint and poster. (http://learningforlife.capd.fsu.edu/undergradResearch/ - scrollToMovie)
• Wrote proposals to be granted three scholarships for a total of $8,600 through the university and NHMFL.
Related Industrial Experience
CH2M HILL Process Mechanical Intern: Gainesville, Florida
• Appointed as Project Manager for office summer interns by planning and coordinating tasks, meetings and
deadlines for architectural, structural engineering and mechanical engineering disciplines.
• Simulate water/wastewater processes using engineering software to determine equipment specifications.
• Perform engineering calculations, such as NPSHA and friction losses along pipes, prior to equipment selection.
• Assist in equipment selection by contacting vendors and determining the best match with specs.
• Write and edit reports, build Excel sheets for data collection and build multiple PowerPoint for various subjects.
President of Biomedical Engineering Society: Tallahassee, Florida
Mar. 2014-May 2015
• Arranged visits from local and national corporations to meet and recruit with members.
• Planned and organized bi-weekly meetings on different topics relating to the field of biomedical engineering.
Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program Leader: Tallahassee, Florida
Jan. 2014-Apr. 2015
• Instructed a bi-weekly class over a school year covering topics such as approaching professors, developing
a research topic and becoming involved in the scientific conversation.
• Taught students techniques in giving an oral presentation and building a research poster for presentation.
Cofounder/Alumni Chair/Homecoming Chair for Theta Tau: Tallahassee, Florida
Aug. 2013-Nov. 2014
• Contacted previous members of organization to assist current members with career exercises and financial support.
• Arranged and plan professional and social events for chapter alumni visits.
Store Clerk at Tasty Pastry Bakery: Tallahassee, Florida
Login or Register to view the full resume.