Seeking a full-time position with a focus on utilizing and expanding my analytical and interpersonal skills through multi-disciplinary process and product R&D.
The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
PhD Candidate, Chemical Engineering, Expected Graduation: May 2016
GPA: 3.83 / 4.00
Institute of Chemical Technology, University of Mumbai, Mumbai, India
Bachelor of Chemical Engineering, May 2011
The Ohio State University: Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Columbus, OH
Graduate Research Associate, Advisor – Dr. David L. Tomasko, September 2011 - present
• Planned and measured high pressure, high temperature supercritical hydrocarbon and CO2 adsorption isotherms on porous oxide mineral proxies using a high precision gravimetric magnetic suspension balance to simulate hydrocarbon reservoir conditions.
• Co-authored a user proposal and conducted quasi-elastic neutron scattering at Oak Ridge National Lab to study the effect of pressure and temperature on transport properties of ethane and an ethane-CO2 mixture confined to nanoporous silica, a key component of shale and sandstone.
• Implemented Molecular Dynamic simulation technique to explore effect of loading, surface chemistry and presence of CO2 on adsorption and transport properties of ethane confined to nanoporous silica at subsurface conditions.
• Conducted supercritical CO2 assisted polymer extrusion to find the optimum temperature and pressure and suitable co-solvent for stable foaming of Polyethylenimine (PEI).
• Devised experiments to modify and optimize a process utilizing CO2 to recycle waste Polyvinylbutyral (PVB) from automobile windscreens.
• Measured solubility and swelling using a high precision magnetic suspension balance to quantify susceptibility of mechanical polymer seals to failure under high temperature and high pressure CO2.
Clariant Chemicals Ltd., Mumbai, India
Engineering In-plant Trainee, May - June 2010
• Identified safety risks associated with the chlorination process and studied robustness of containment strategies in place on the manufacturing unit for pigment green-07 (pthalocyanine green).
• Devised strategies to improve energy efficiency of the Spin Flash-dryer unit in the finishing section of the plant and completed a payback analysis on replacement of upstream filtration equipment to reduce moisture content of slurry entering the dryer.
• The Graduate School`s University Fellowship, The Ohio State University, October 2011-August 2012.
TEACHING AND SUPERVISING
The Ohio State University: Engineering Education Innovation Center (EEIC), Columbus, OH
Graduate Teaching Associate (GTA), August 2014 - present
• Assisted in teaching MS Excel, Matlab, orthographic and isometric sketching and SolidWorks.
• Performed Instructor duties for Labs.
• Leader for a team of 8 other teaching assistants, classroom management and student group conflict resolution.
• Areas of expertise –
- Quasi-elastic neutron scattering and data analysis.
- High pressure and temperature, pure and binary hydrocarbon, CO2 fluid mixture gravimetric adsorption measurements.
- Measurement of fluid solubility and swelling of polymers.
- Polymer extrusion and supercritical fluid polymer processing.
• Computational: Molecular Dynamics, DL-POLY, GROMACS, MATLAB, Fortran, C++, MS Office
• Engineering: ChemCAD, SuperPro Designer, Solidworks, JMP Data Analysis
Login or Register to view the full resume.