Proven Instrumentation Engineer in Front End Loading (FEL), Detailed engineering, procurement (EPC), field engineering, & commissioning, maintenance of I & C systems for Petrochemicals, Chemicals & Power industries including mega projects.
US Permanent Resident (Green Card holder), Currently working in Canada, Seeking Instrument Engineer role.
•Bachelor’s degree in Instrumentation engineering, Madras Institute of Technology, Anna University, Chennai, India May 1997.
•Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Manonmanium Sundaranor University, Tirunelveli.
Over 18 Years of experience in Instrument Design, both EPC organizations and Owner engineering group. Completed several projects design engineering successfully which include Naphtha cracker project for Indian Oil Corporation, Poly 5 project part of gulfstream program, Poly ethylene project for Sadara (A joint venture of Dow & Saudi Aramco), Vietnam Emulsions plant for Dow chemicals (both FEED & detail design), Feed job for China Liquid Epoxy Resins project and several power projects.
April 2007- Present:
Dow Chemical Company - Associate Instrument Eng. Manager, Fort Saskatchewan, Canada, Chennai India and Houston USA.
Power and Utilities Control system revamping Project
Poly 5 project part of Gulfstream program
Sadara Mega project, Polyethylene Envelope
Vietnam Emulsions Project (Both FEL & Detail design)
China LER project Front End Loading (FEL)
• Detail engineering of MAPD project and Power and utilities revamping project.
• Executed Poly 5 Project, part of the Gulf Stream program jointly with Houston, as Instrument Discipline Lead at India Engineering center, responsible for about 50% of engineering including Instrument sizing & Selection, specification, Cable engineering, Installation details design, Instrument modelling etc with good quality deliverables and within schedule.
• Part of the Houston Instrument team for execution of Sadara polyethylene Train 1 project and worked with the team of 10 people for a year, took the learnings to Train 2.
• Executed Polyethylene Train 2 project (about 250 million USD), part of the Sadara Mega project as Instrument Discipline lead. Managing the project team of 9 engineers and designers. Identified several opportunities for improvement over Train 1.
• Executed Vietnam Emulsions plant from Concept to commissioning, responsible for complete FEL design, later carried out detail engineering, managed a team of 4 engineers and designers. Interacted with Emerson for Control system interface design. The project was big success at engineering with very minimal Field engineering.
• Executed China Liquid Epoxy resin Project FEED, Completed the P & ID design and Selection & sizing of Instruments. Completed the ITB for detail engineering execution and award.
• Trained several young engineers in various topics such as Flow technologies, Control valves and Safety Instrumented Systems
• Part of the discipline recruitment team and responsible for Technical Interviews and selection decisions
Nov. 2004- Mar.2007
Larsen & Toubro Limited - Manager Control system Engineering
Panipat Naphtha Cracker Project
Isomerisation Project for MRPL
Proposal for Shell GTL project, Qatar
• Instrumentation and Control Lead engineer for detail engineering, development of engineering templates, Proposal engineering, Cost Estimation, Engineering Man hours estimation for detailed engineering and execution of project within the estimated cost.
• Responsible for Resource allocation in the project, Quality of the deliverables, receiving approval from client for engineering design.
• Deliverables include purchase Order packages, technical bid evaluations and negotiation with vendors for various instrument commodities, Instrument index, Construction work packages etc. Preparing Data sheets for all field Instruments using Intools. Vendor calculations, drawings review & approval, team checks, wiring design, Development of graphic pages, closed loop and logic drawings to be configured in control system, finalization of Instrument ranges, modeling inputs to piping for Instruments and modeling of remote Instruments and junction boxes, Installation detail design, Preparation of construction package & award.
May 2004 – Nov 2004
Alstom Projects India Limited - Lead Engineer DCS Programming.
228 MW GVK-II Combined Cycle Power Plant(CCPP)
• DCS programming/configuration for power plant, Trained in Alstom’s Alspha P 320 DCS.
Nov 1998- May 2004
Reliance Energy Limited, Senior Engineer – Instrumentation and Control
230 MW Combined Cycle Power Plant (CCPP) in Samalkot
24 MW Bagasse fired Co-generation Power plant, Sameerwadi, Karnataka
3 MW Oil fired CPP, Vapi
106.6 MW Dhuvaran CCPP for GSECL, Dhuvaran
Feasibility study for Implementation of SCADA with DMS for Delhi Power distribution network
• Instrumentation and control lead for detail engineering, bid Proposals preparation and estimation. Deliverables include purchase Order packages and technical bid evaluations for various field instruments, steam and water analysis, Continuous emission monitoring System etc. Instrument index, Preparing Data sheets for all fields Instrument. Vendor calculations and drawings review and approval, wiring design and Construction work packages.
• Involved in Construction and commissioning of few power projects, Review of Instrument field Installations and guidance to Installation contractor, commissioning and loop checking of all types of Instruments, Control system, Continuous emission monitoring system, Steam and water analysis System, modification of control loops/logics during commissioning and tuning of controllers
Ballarpur Industries Limited, Instrumentation and Control Maintenance Engineer
Caustic Soda and Chlorination plant, Pulp mill, Pap, and Power Block (3 steam turbine and 5 boilers)
• Maintenance, system improvement, improving control strategy and tuning of controllers in Caustic Soda Chlorination plant, Pulp mill, 2X60 TPH coal fired boilers, 2X30TPH black liquor fired boilers, 1X12.5 MW and 2X7.5 MW steam turbines.
SKILLS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
Instrument discipline lead for design of several projects, Responsible for project engineering hours estimation, deliverables quality, resource allocation, keeping up with project cost and schedule, providing leadership to team of engineers and designers, co-ordination with other disciplines for inputs, vendor document approval, Co-ordination with client/business, The project team is responsible for the below activities.
• Sizing & selection control valves, flowmeters, and other Instruments and ensure best suitability for the application and keep the long term cost of ownership to low
• Control system hardware design, selection, finalization of netwo...
Login or Register to view the full resume.