Experienced Chemical Engineer with a proven track record in process development, design and optimization; looking for an exciting and challenging career in chemical process engineering
Summary of Expertise & Technical Skills
- Process Design & Optimization
- Process Economics
- Process Control & Safety
- Project Planning & Scheduling
- Lean Manufacturing
- ASPEN Simulation
Graduate Teaching Assistant Jan 2014 to May 2015
Virginia Commonwealth University Richmond, VA
- Taught a class of 60 for Chemical Engineering fundamentals coursework. Assisted professors with teaching aids, developing coursework materials, quizzes and exams.
- Nominated for best Graduate Teaching Assistant award in the year 2015.
Process Engineer July 2011 to Aug 2013
SRF Limited Gurgaon, India
Role: New process development, design, scale-up of R&D process, piloting, and technology transfer for Specialty chemicals
- Developed conceptual designs for commercialization of four new products.
- Successfully lead three pilot plant campaigns for specialty and intermediate pharma products.
- Lead a Kaizen group for effluent reduction for a pyrazole acid product that resulted in 18% reduction.
- Hands on experience with batch operations and have successfully contributed in reduction of process steps thereby optimizing the project profit by 12%
- Experienced in performing material and energy balances and carrying out process engineering calculations
- Strong experience in generating PFD, P&ID, equipment layouts, process equipment specifications and datasheets.
- Successfully suggested and implemented techniques to convert batch to continuous operations thereby optimizing the yield of the process by 9%.
- Experienced in Material of Construction selection for process equipment and packaging containers.
- Experienced in preparing technical details of project feasibility report, process development reports and project status reports.
- Manage the transfer and scale up of new products from R&D to production.
- Experienced in using simulation tools, FMEA, DOE and SPC to optimize process parameters for increased yield, profit and reduced effluent & energy consumption.
Achievement: Recognized with a cash award for significant contributions made in “ conceptualization of technology for P-17 and providing engineering support to R&D for optimization” as a result of which organization achieved reduction in operating cost, efficient effluent treatment and solvent recyclability.
Project Intern Dec 2010 to Mar 2011
Technip India Chennai, India
- Project: Recovery of Ethanol from the Effluent Stream
- Analysed design of a distillation tower, separator, and condenser set up and determined efficient recovery of ethanol from effluent stream of a pharmaceutical unit.
- Plotted mathematically the optimal design and maximum recovery and ach...
Login or Register to view the full resume.