S U M M A R Y: Professional pharmacist experienced in independent, chain, clinic and union organizations. Expertise in fertility treatment and tissue banking including promotion of facility. Recruited "directed" and "anonymous" donors for Tissue Bank. Increased revenue by compounding and promoting specialty medication including private label merchandise. Managed staff and projects in multiple facilities simultaneously. Updated license to include administering vaccines.
E X P E R I E N C E:
NYHTC & HANYC, INC. Employee Benefit Funds (Long Island City, New York) March 2004 to Present
• Dispense member prescriptions including HIV, chemotherapy and infertility drugs. Provide information to members and healthcare professionals regarding drug interactions, side effects, dosage, and storage.
• Obtain approval, arrange delivery and payment from third-party specialty and compounding pharmacies.
• Review patient charts including monitoring drug therapies and interactions, as well as compliance. Conduct regular meetings with physicians, nurses and lab assistants to review all data collections. Assist members to obtain approval for medications.
ECKERD PHARMACY (Queens, New York) February 2004 to March 2004
Pharmacist (Floater- temporary position)
• Opened and closed pharmacy department according to established procedures at various retail locations.
• Filled and counseled patients on prescriptions.
PARK AVENUE FERTILITY GROUP (New York, New York) February 1995 to February 2004
Pharmacist, Patient Liaison, Account Representative
• Boghen Pharmacy: Filled prescriptions and compounded various products pertaining to women's health and infertility. Counseled on prescriptions and attended local and national support group meetings (N.I.N.E and Resolve). Developed promotional materials to solicit potential business from medical practices. Negotiated contracts for purchasing of medications, chemicals and supplies.
• Park Avenue Fertility (sperm bank): Assisted in the preparation of a manual to meet New York State Department of Health (Tissue Bank) requi...
Login or Register to view the full resume.