SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
I am a highly moviated professional and dedicated Materials Manager with over 17 years of experience in the Operating room and as a Surgical Assistant in industries including Health Services.
Most recently, I have worked as an Operating Room Materials Manager at Valley Hospital from January 2008- July 2014
I have studied Healthcare Administration/ Healthcare Information Systems at University of Phoenix and have studied Biology/ Criminal Investigation at Essex County College.
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Fifth Ave Surgery Center, Manhattan, New York, February 2017- June 2017. Employees 100+
Surgery Center; Materials Manager
• Manage all aspects of materials flow to maintain control over inventory. Handle all transactions, planning, scheduling, cost, in-services.
• Handled Capital proposal for the Zimmer Intellicart fluid waste system- $52,000
negotiated purchase of disposables at lower price per month/surgical volume
• Scanning system –Henry Schein ( implement )
• Vendor- Medline pricing adjusted on custom packs
St. Barnabas Hospital, Bronx, New York, July 2016- Feb 2017. Employees 5000 plus
Operating Room Manager of Materials
Dr Special requests for surgery, staff rounding with scheduling dept, SPD, O.R
Handle all orders for level 1 Trauma center.
9 different Specialties, Ent, Thoracic, Ophthalmology, Vascular, Ortho, Plastic, Podiatry, Hand, Endo, Cran / Max.
• Completed internal audit on Ent and Cranial cases after hire in short period of time, found that rentals ($250,000) exceeded cost of purchase of Navigation unit from Medtronic.
• Advised Dept Administration case volume supports the purchase of unit though capital dollars instead of rental.
• Ent Dept & Dr’s increased case volume because unit was available & ready at hospital
Accelerated Surgical Center / Barnert Surgical Center, Paterson, New Jersey, July 2014-June 2016, Employees;200 appx
Operating Room: Materials Manager/ Director
Handle all daily services for both surgical centers, control cost on spending for Operating Room on needs.
• Major (Overage of supply’s that had expired, no control on inventory)
• Implemented new Scanning system that was available thru their present Vendor (distributor) for direct ordering.
• Implementing and presently working with ( VP) on reducing cost/spending on linen, quotes from outside vendor(s) would reduce cost by appx -$70,000 annually
• Presently working with Vendors: Figueroa Medical and Unitex on quotes for new Staff / Dr Lockers, (not adequate space or room for staff to place belongings)
• Received; quotes on new stretchers for Barnert Surgical center, (replace out dated units from 1999)
• Main Supply room reorganized to specification: labeled, Bar coded; Min/ Max levels user friendly for staff to find and locate better, less down time, eliminated overages and teaching staff on what is expected to upkeep.
Valley Hospital, Paramus, New Jersey, January 2008-July 2014, Employees 5000
Operating Room Materials Manager
Process monthly budget Variance reports for 15 different departments. Leader of cost savings analysis committee; Trained on Meditec ordering computer software systems. Negotiate various pricing on products and equipment for Capital.
• Negotiated N/C Purchases of ACL & Shoulder eqt; cost savings $50,000
• Sterile water bottles usage (1000ml), changed to 250ml cost savings approx $5000.
• Microsystems wireless scanning system-Tracking of all sterile trays and equipment; Cost savings of appx; $25,000.
• AMT handheld wand scanning systems for processing supply orders for 8 departments within the hospital; cost savings appx $50,000
• Removal of Scrub(s) Locker sto...
Login or Register to view the full resume.