Summary of Experience
Highly-competent professional with a demonstrated ability to perform medical and clerical tasks effectively while delivering outstanding customer service in busy Medical surroundings. Strong capability of staying organized under pressure. Natural aptitude to put residents in comfort, working in a team and a keep up to date with a doctor’s busy record. Able to deal with senior medical staff.
PCA for Disabled Relative October 2013- Present
• Aide for relative
• Scheduled medical transportation (Logisticare) for medical appointments
• Attended and managed mental health therapy and medical appointments
• Medication management
• Provided a nutritional and housekeeping environment
Jonathan D. Boniuk, M.D., Ophthalmology, Medical Secretary July 2012-October 2013
• Answered incoming calls, messages, faxed documentation as per request
• Data entry of patient’s insurance and demographic information
• Scheduled appointments, checked patients in/out, collected co-pays and posted to accounts, requested referrals, and other authorizations as needed for office procedures.
• Filed and recalled charts
• Assisted M.D. with surgery booking forms for CAT/Laser and during exam as needed to translate in Spanish
• Obtain authorization from insurance companies for office visits, referrals and surgery pre-authorization
• Contacted pharmacies to renew prescription as per doctor’s authority
Columbia University Medical Center September 2011 –December 2011
Internship Bilingual Medical Assistant, Vascular Surgery
As a medical assistant in vascular surgery I provided interpersonal patient care, technical assistance, and other support to vascular surgeons to ensure the safety of surgical procedures;
• Prepped OR for EVLT, Temporal artery biopsy, other vascular conditions
• Triaged and prepped patient for surgical procedures (see above).
• Clean, drained, removed stitches and staples from wounds and wrapped with specific dressing as per medical doctor’s order.
• Performed phlebotomy if needed, biopsied and collected specimen during procedures.
• Disinfected, cleaned, wrapped and autoclaved all surgical instruments.
• Disinfected all exam rooms before each and after every patient.
• Organized and stocked up on medical supplies on a daily basis.
• Other clinical duties performed per request.
Kingsbridge Community Medical, P.C. Multi-Specialty
Medical Referral Coordinator/Medical Secretary January 2010-August 2010
• Handled all or/incoming referrals utilizing E-Clinical
• Obtained authorizations and pre-authorizations from insurance companies for radiology and diagnostic procedures
• Verified insurance eligibility
• Scheduled established patients to outside specialties, MRI, and radiology
• Registered/scheduled patients, updated physicians/specialists calendar
• Assisted physicians with patients in exam room
NYU Langone Medical Center, Nextsource Medical Secretary, Infectious Disease
March 2009-November 2009
• Examined medical claims and ensured they included necessary information
• Entered and updated claims in the claims processing system based on information given by the provider
• Assigned appropriate Internal Classification of Diseases (ICD), Current Procedural Terminology (CPT), Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPS) or local codes and provider identification number
• Dated and stamped examiners name after claims were processed to denote completion
• Returned processed claims and incomplete claims with transmittal sheets to designated control area
• Perform additional duties and projects as assigned by management
• Maintained and prepared exam room
• Screened new patient visits and determine course of appointment
• Coordinated the day to day operations and workflow of the front desk and office hours for The Division of Infectious Disease
• Greeted and checked-in patients, scheduled follow-up appointments. Proficient in utilization of telephones, filing, faxing, inventory of surgical supplies and various aspects of practice
Duane Reade Pharmacy
Pharmacy Clerk July 2002-September 2003
• Managed telephone orders and ensured proper processing by the pharmacist and technician
• Recorded daily prescription transaction log
• Entered patient information into computer updating as needed to ensure pharmacist always had accurate data before completing prescriptions
• Maintained the pharmacy inventory of medical supplies
• Responsible for keeping over-the-counter stock in supply and preserved
• Provided counseling to customers answering queries about health needs
• Contacted clinicians when necessary to co...
Login or Register to view the full resume.