SolidWorks│AutoCAD│Pro E│HASS│Trace 700│PTC Creo│ Microsoft Excel │ Microsoft PowerPoint│ MATLAB
Teaching Assistant, New York University, New York September 2016 - Present
• Assisted Prof Said Nourbaksh in the course ‘Introduction to Material science’ and ‘Machine Design’
• Guided students in assignments, graded all course exams and assignments and helped professor to design final exam by suggesting numerous types of challenging questions.
3D Mechanical Design Intern, Bond Hardware, New York September 2017-December 2017
• Design department. Created 3D CAD rendering of models. Assisting in researching material selection and manufacturing process selection for numerous components.
• Performed reverse engineering on some of the existing models. Creation of designs with configuration tables in solidworks to facilitate different sizes of same component. Implementation of tolerancing and Geometric Dimensioning in Solidworks.
• Participation in new product development. Created solid parts and assemblies along with DXF files to send to manufacturers.
Assistant Production Executive, Pentamech, Kolhapur, India June 2017-August 2017
• Manufacturing department. Primary duties were teaching production workers use of instruments, supervising, solving problems and administrative planning. Also analysing of the product dimensions datasheets.
Mechanical Engineer Intern, Shriram Foundry ltd., Kolhapur, India October 2014-November 2014
• Manufacturing department. Primary duties included using quality control techniques to solve production problems in casting reported by customers. Reviewed technical designs, drawings, calculations and spreadsheets.
Manufacturing of Mechanical Attrition Machine (Core Breaking Machine)
• The primary purpose of the machine was to break all used cores used in casting to recycle the sand. This was achieved by a vibrating chamber with a sieve at bottom.
• Team leader of the project. Faced many difficulties such as project submission deadlines which really helped improving all management skills. The product was designed and developed successfully.
Designing Control System for Pneumatic Inverted Pendulum
• The main challenges were: Compressibility of air, Highly nonlinear flow and high coulomb friction.
• Gained proficiency in Matlab’s SISO tool and Simulink which was used extensively. Calculation of forces using inverse kinematics which were used to design the controller for the pendulum.
Design of Sprinkler System
• Design of sprinkler system for fire suppression for 9 story building.
• Implementation of NFPA guidelines in the design p...
Login or Register to view the full resume.