Analytical and versatile Certified Public Accountant with experience in bookkeeping, accounting and finance. Expert in financial reporting, analysis, forecasting, auditing, business consulting, and financial education. A proven record of achievement in developing and implementing innovative and effective solutions and process improvements to significantly enhance operations, efficiency and profitability.
• Detail oriented, with proficiency in accounts payable/accounts receivable (AP/AR), billing, collections, cash management, account reconciliations, general ledger implementation and maintenance, reporting and documentation, individual taxes, and regulatory compliance. Solid working knowledge of accounting and business applications and systems. Adept at timely collections of receivables, and reducing aging accounts.
• Effective at developing, monitoring, and analyzing budgets to control costs and increase revenues. Accurately prepare forecasts to facilitate strategic business and operational planning.
• Strong communications and interpersonal skills, with talent for effective client relations and customer service. Motivational team leader.
• Experienced educator, trainer and mentor in accounting and finance. A talent for developing engaging courses, and instructing clients, personnel, and students. Successfully prepare students to pass the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) examination.
Credentials MBA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Business Manager (CBM), Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP), Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
Software and Systems Access, Adobe, ADP, AmiPro, BAT21, Blackboard, CARI, Ceridian, CODA, Epson Smart-Link, Excel, FRX Report Writer, Imprest, KRONOS, Lawson, Lotus, Lotus Notes, MAS 500, Oracle, Outlook, Paychex, Peachtree, PowerPoint, ProSystem FX, Q-Calc, QuickBooks, ROSS, Skype, Solomon, Turbo Tax, Word, WordPerfect.
LAWRENCE S. ISAAC, CPA, New York, NY
Accountant, Consultant, Educator, 2000 Present
Provide full range of accounting, consulting and training services for clients that include large corporations and organizations. Perform cash management, budgeting, account reconciliations, reporting, analysis, and forecasting. Calculate and file tax returns and forms for individuals and trusts and estates.
• Reconciled income statement and balance sheet accounts for newly acquired $15M subsidiary of $50M services company.
• Managed all accounting, budgeting, reporting and forecasting for non-profit organization with net assets of $142M, as the majority shareholder of a domestic bank.
• Managed accounting and reporting functions for $30M high-technology services company.
• Developed best practices and implemented process improvements during external audit.
• Serve as accounting instructor in professional institutes.
LSG SKY CHIEFS, Jamaica, NY
Manager of Finance and Administration, 1999 2000
Managed accounting and financial operations for $15M division of $2B airline food-service provider.
• Collected $45K and reconciled $169K in outstanding aged accounts receivables.
• Negotiated $20K in vendor write-off for food costs and $10K in supplies and service expense.
• Reduced semi-annual overtime costs by $10K and annual temporary labor expenses by $7.5K through implementation of internal payroll controls.
IRON MOUNTAIN, Boston, MA
Senior Internal Auditor, 1997 – 1998
Developed innovative internal audit functions for America’s largest records-management company with $800 million in revenue. Implemented financial and operational controls in sales, customer retention, operations and distribution. Prepared gross profit analysis of top district customers. Trained and managed teams of 2 to 8 people during audits.
• Identified $50,000 in understatements and $20,000 in overstatements of customer billings.
Login or Register to view the full resume.