Note: You are only seeing Hempstead teaching jobs posted within the last 14 days. Click here to see all Hempstead teaching jobs.
St. Francis de Sales School for the Deaf in Brooklyn seeks a Classroom Teacher to develop and provide an educational program within the classroom to meet the needs of each child academically, socially, and physically.
• Develop and modify lessons to meet the individual needs of each child and the class as a whole.
• Maintain a positive, encouraging attitude to motivate others.
• Maintain on-going communication with parents/guardians and keep them informed of the child's strengths, weaknesses, and areas for improvement, etc.
• Utilize available resources to best meet the needs of the class.
• New York State Certified Teacher of the Deaf.
• Minimum of Advanced rating on SLPI.
• Classroom teaching experience working with deaf and/or special needs students, strongly preferred
• Capacity to manage multiple responsibilities and competing demands
• Demonstrated ability to work in ...
Effective: July 1, 2020
Deadline: Friday, January 17, 2020
On-line applications only. No telephone calls or paper resumes.
Please submit to: John A. Striffolino, Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum, Instruction and Personnel
NYS SDA, SBA or SDBL required, Certified Public Accounting license preferred
Candidates must possess:
· New York State Administrative Certification (SDA or SDBL)
· Experience as a business administrator in NYS public schools
· Extensive knowledge of school finance and operations, including NYSED regulations, accounting, budgeting, payroll, purchasing, facilities, security, food service and student transportation
· Expertise in preparing financial statements and mandated reports
· A thorough understanding of risk management, investments, insurance, employee benefits and Civil Service procedures for non-instructional personnel
· Strong interpersonal and communications ...
ANTICIPATED OPENING: Business Administrator
Appropriate NYS Administrative Certification Required
• New York State District Business Leader Certification
• Certified Public Accountant (preferred)
• Minimum of three years administrative experience (preferred)
LOCATION: Central Office
SALARY: Compensation to be determined by The Board of Education
Effective April 1, 2020 – 12 month position
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Business Administrator reports to both the Assistant Superintendent for Business and to the Superintendent of Schools. The Business Administrator will provide fiscal oversight that allows for prudent purchasing and effective resource allocation, and reviews and approves program allocations and purchasing requests from district administrators, coordinates and oversees district transportation requirements. Other duties include budgeting and financial planning, personnel management and accounting and reporting.
Responsible for supporting school groups, families and visitors as they enter and depart the LICM Theater for scheduled productions. Candidate will be one of the “faces of the theater” to visitors while acting as a problem solver. Successful candidate will organize seating in advance for school visits and guide the school groups and families to their seats during their visits. Coordination is required with Theater Manager, Reservations Manager and Visitor Experience Coordinators to facilitate activities during theater productions. They will introduce performers and facilitate after show activities with audience. The Theater Education Coordinator will assist theTheater Manager in maintaining theater audience area between shows and other production needs when shows are not in performances.
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.); preferably in Theater or related fields in customer service, experience in the performing arts and working with children ...
This position will interact with children, parents and adult caregivers by facilitating fun and educational children’s birthday parties.
The Birthday Party “Host” is responsible for:
• Greeting birthday families and their guests
• Implementing party activities and demonstrations
• Encouraging children to participate
• Serving party food and cake
• Party set-up and clean-up.
The ideal candidate will have excellent “people,” communication and customer service skills, be highly active with guests, keep pace with party activities and exude the perfect balance of professionalism and fun. Compensation: $14.50 to $19 per hour (depending on party level/theme)
Work schedule: Weekends and/or Weekday nights. Parties are held Wednesdays through Fridays, from 4:30 - 7:30 pm and Weekends from 10 am – 3 pm. Individual parties are usually 1.5 hours with half hour of set-up and half hour of clean-up. Parties are scheduled on a per diem basis, according to staff ...
ANTICIPATED VACANCY - IMMEDIATE NEED for LONG TERM SUB
Secondary School Business and Technology Teacher
REQUIRED: Secondary certification in business and tech
REQUIRED: Fingerprint Cleared
PREFERRED: Experience with marketing, accounting, and business
I recently started a new job and need to make strategic decisions while thinking of ways to optimize operations. Expertise in a variety of disciplines.
Our teams of teachers have over 15 years of experience and have helped over 900 students attain admission to specialized high schools and Ivy League colleges.
Lead Teacher pay is $225 per day, per diem. Joseph's Universal Pre-Kindergarten Program, in collaboration with the Freeport Union Free School District, is…
For Assistant Professor, Associate or Full Professor: The Teacher Education Department at the Borough of Manhattan Community College (BMCC) invites applications…
Part-time faculty member need to to an Estate Planning course in our Certified Financial Planner Program in the evening at Molloy College.
We are seeking a teacher assistant that is flexible, energetic and willing to learn. During Pre-K for All hours, teacher assistant will work in Pre-K classroom…
This is for a summer position. Room, board and transportation included.*. Amir Farmers are a diverse group of passionate leaders who work to cultivate today’s…
Special Educators needed in both Nassau and Suffolk Counties!!. We offer competitive wages, paid travel, paid paperwork time, and paid training..
Develops and provides orientation, staff development and continuing education for all levels of nursing and related departments.
For Adjunct Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Full Professor: Adjunct faculty perform teaching, research and guidance duties related to the courses…
Joseph's College Universal PreKindergarten Program is seeking co teachers and /or certified teacher assistants for immediate openings.
Social Workers must have LMSW, or LCSW, Teachers much have Special Education, Birth-2nd Grade or Permanent Certification.
Demonstrated ability and willingness to work cooperatively and professionally with learners, faculty and administrators. Performs related duties as assigned.
Deliver STEM-oriented, culturally responsive instruction through project-based learning methods. Successfully lead after-school activities with groups of up to…