• 5 years of work with San Francisco Fire Department, through the San Francisco Neighborhood Emergency Response Team (NERT)
• Completed over 30 FEMA Independent Study (IS) courses
• Certified in FEMA IS 100, 200, 300, 400, 700 and 800
• Certified First Aid/CPR/AED American Heart Association Heart Saver Trainer
• Certified in OSHA-30 Hour General Industry and Construction Industry
• Bilingual in English and Spanish
SKILLS & EXPERTISE
Disaster Response Emergency Management Emergency Preparedness Curriculum Development Teaching
Incident Command Webinars
Data Collection & Analysis Leadership
Focus Groups Presentations
Grant Writing Fundraising Compliance
University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), San Francisco, CA (July 2009-Present)
• Emergency Preparedness & Safety Administrator (May 2015-Present)
• Manager of Resident and Fellow Affairs (May 2013-April 2015)
• Fellowship Coordination and Division Finance (July 2011-May 2013)
• Program Coordination and Program Evaluation (July 2009-July 2011)
Support the development and implementation policies and procedures across five campuses throughout San Francisco to ensure the safety of people, protect facilities, and mitigate risk to operations during an emergency.
• Emergency Preparedness: Promoted emergency readiness and resiliency, created and
maintained the business continuity plans, emergency action plans (EAPs) and emergency
response plans for the Department of Facilities Services.
• Leadership: Created and managed a safety committee to address problems that cause
workplace accidents, illnesses, and injuries for custodial staff, lock shop, engineers, fire life
safety and trades (electricians, HVAC technicians, plumbers, etc.).
• Curriculum Development: Created training materials for program coordinators and other
administrators to understand medical licensure and appointments/credentialing.
• Drill & Exercise Planning & Execution: Ensured protocols are followed, develop and deliver
training programs in emergency, including tabletop drills, functional drills and full-scale
• Training and Presentation: Provided American Heart Association Heartsaver First Aid &
CPR training/certification for Facilities Services staff and UCSF community.
• Liaison: Served as a liaison for 20 departments regarding appointments, credentialing,
licensing and occupational health requirements for issues related to residents and fellows.
• Incident Command: Served as the Facilities assistant to the EOC Building and Facilities
Branch Chief in the event of a major campus emergency. Served as the Facilities
Representative during 9 Incident Command Posts (ICPs) at UC Regents Meetings.
• Compliance: Obtained 90%+ compliance in 5 areas of training and infection control
Drill & Exercise Planning, Execution Business Continuity
Budget Analysis & Management NIMS Program Mgt & Development Program Development & Evaluation Community Development & Outreach/Liaison
requirements for 1,400 residents and fellows.
San Francisco Neighborhood Emergency Response Team (SFNERT), San Francisco, CA (February 2012– April 2017)
Training Committee Chair (January 2016-April 2017)
Training Committee Member (May 2013- April 2017)
Neighborhood Coordinator (September 2012-December 2016)
Work with leadership of San Francisco Fire Department to promote emergency preparedness and management to protect city residents from fire, natural disaster events and other public crises.
• Leadership: Ensured that quality adult training committee leadership was recruited and
trained. Supported trainers and training committee members to carry out the program.
• Curriculum Development: Assisted with the development and implementation of SFFD NERT
continuing education curriculum for San Francisco civilians.
• Liaison: Supervised and mentored SFFD NERT civilians at drills. Provided NERT graduates in
neighborhood with information updates from the Program Office.
• Training: and Presentation: Taught continuing education topics such as: Disaster Operations
I and Disaster Operations II, NERT Communications Team (NCT) Introduction, NCT Emergency Messages, NCT Buttons and Knobs, NCT NET Control for NERT Staging, and NERT Coordinator Leadership/Team Training.
• Community Development & Outreach: Acted as a contact person for NERT members in the San Francisco Inner Richmond neighborhood.
Role Player (January 2017– Present)
SFPD Police Recruits Training Academy, San Francisco Police Department, San Francisco, CA
Work with leadership of San Francisco Police Department to promote preparedness to protect city residents from public crises.
• Training: Participated in police scenario training, simulating situations recruits may encounter
as law enforcement professionals.
Parnassus Division Disaster Supervisor (July 2012–May 2015)
Campus Community Emergency Response Team (C-CERT), University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), San Francisco, CA
Work with leadership of UCSF to promote emergency preparedness and management to protect staff, students, faculty and patients from fire, natural disaster events and other public crises.
• Liaison: Recruited and managed the UCSF Disaster Volunteers within Parnassus Division.
• Incident Command: Served in the Incident Command System (ICS) as the C-CERT Division Supervisor.
MASTER OF SOCIAL WORK, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI Emphasis in: Community Organization and Social Policy and Evaluation Fellow in the Community Based Initiative Program (2008)
BACHELOR OF ARTS, University of Minnesota-Morris, Morris, MN (2007) Majors: Human Services and Spanish, with honors
Association of Continuity Planers (ACP), ASIS International, California Emergency Services Association (CESA), International Association of Emergency Managers (IAEM), National Association of Safety Professionals (NASP), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
• SF NERT (San Francisco Neighborhood Emergency Response Team) (2012)
• Technician Amateur Radio License, Federal Communications Commission (Call sign: KJ6ZRZ) (2012)
• Shelter Simulation, American Red Cross (2013)
• CA Disaster Corp Member CERT Type III and Radio Type III (2013)
• SF ALERT (San Francisco Auxiliary Law Enforcement Response Team) (2014)
• Wilderness First Aid, NOLS Wilderness Medicine Institute, San Francisco, CA (2014)
• Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED, Pro First Aid Advanced (2016)
• Adult and Pediatric CPR/AED, ICE Safety Solutions, Fremont, CA (2016)
• Heartsaver Instructor (Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED), American Heart Association (2016)
• EH&S Professional, University of California Office of the President (2018)
• Opioid Overdose Prevention, Recognition and Response, Get Naloxone Now, ...
Login or Register to view the full resume.